ROM Hack [HELP] Custom Sun & Moon music

BarrelRoller64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there currently anyway to get custom music in Pokémon Sun with hans? I tried changing the .bcstm files in the romfs, i rebuilt it and put it on my SD card but when i go to load the game, i get a black screen with a small rainbow line on the left hand side, anyone know a fix for this? I'm running the latest 3DS firmware (11.2.0-35E I believe) with the latest homebrew launcher

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HANS does not work with Sun/Moon anymore. The only way to get custom music with Sun/Moon now is to use SaltySD, which requires Luma3DS, whoch you can only do if you do the DSiware downgrade with another system with custom firmware or get a hardmod because you have to downgrade in order to set up CFW. Follow this.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this and it didn't work for me sadly, any other ideas where I might have to place the music?
Nope, that's the only place. Did you patch the decompressed code.bin with SaltySD, rename it to Sun or Moon's title ID, and place it in your luma/code_sections folder?

Kudos2u

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, that's the only place. Did you patch the decompressed code.bin with SaltySD, rename it to Sun or Moon's title ID, and place it in your luma/code_sections folder?
Oh I didn't know I had to do all that, is there a guide for it?

Last edited by Kudos2u,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I didn't know I had to do all that, is there a guide for it?
1. Find a decrypted CIA of Sun/Moon.
2. Download the latest version of Asia81's PackHack and run SetupUS.exe to install the PackHack.
3. Move that decrypted CIA of Sun/Moon into the same folder as HackingToolkit3DS.exe.
4. Open HackingToolkit3DS.exe, type ME, and when it asks you if you want to decompress code.bin, HIT Y for yes. This is important.
5. Remember, this game is huge so it'll take some time to finish.
6. After it's done, you find a folder called <name of decrypted CIA>.cia_Unpacked. Go inside that folder, go inside of the ExtractedExeFS folder, and find your code.bin.
7. Make a folder on your desktop named SaltySD and place your code.bin file inside of that folder.
8. Follow the instructions on this post to patch your code.bin with SaltySD.
9. Once you have patched the code.bin file, rename it to the title ID of Sun/Moon.
10. Go to your luma folder and make a folder called code_sections in that folder. In the code_sections folder, place your .bin file.
11. Place your .bcstm files with the exact name of the file that they are replacing inside of saltysd/SunMoon/data/sound. The saltysd folder should be on the root of your SD card.
12. Open your luma settings and make sure that Enable region/language emu. and ext. .code is enabled.
13. Launch Sun/Moon to see if the changes have been made.

Tips:
-You can't just place any music file inside of the data/sound folder. Once you have extracted the contents of your decrypted CIA, go into the <name of decrypted CIA>.cia_Unpacked folder, go inside of the ExtractedRomFS folder, open the data folder, and open the sound folder. Inside of the sound folder is all of the sounds inside of the game. You'll want the .bcstm file you find online to match the EXACT name of the .bcstm file inside of the data/sound folder. I recommend finding the BCSTM to WAV Converter to be able to listen to what each file is.

Kudos2u

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Find a decrypted CIA of Sun/Moon.
2. Download the latest version of Asia81's PackHack and run SetupUS.exe to install the PackHack.
3. Move that decrypted CIA of Sun/Moon into the same folder as HackingToolkit3DS.exe.
4. Open HackingToolkit3DS.exe, type ME, and when it asks you if you want to decompress code.bin, HIT Y for yes. This is important.
5. Remember, this game is huge so it'll take some time to finish.
6. After it's done, you find a folder called <name of decrypted CIA>.cia_Unpacked. Go inside that folder, go inside of the ExtractedExeFS folder, and find your code.bin.
7. Make a folder on your desktop named SaltySD and place your code.bin file inside of that folder.
8. Follow the instructions on this post to patch your code.bin with SaltySD.
9. Once you have patched the code.bin file, rename it to the title ID of Sun/Moon.
10. Go to your luma folder and make a folder called code_sections in that folder. In the code_sections folder, place your .bin file.
11. Place your .bcstm files with the exact name of the file that they are replacing inside of saltysd/SunMoon/data/sound. The saltysd folder should be on the root of your SD card.
12. Open your luma settings and make sure that Enable region/language emu. and ext. .code is enabled.
13. Launch Sun/Moon to see if the changes have been made.

Tips:
-You can't just place any music file inside of the data/sound folder. Once you have extracted the contents of your decrypted CIA, go into the <name of decrypted CIA>.cia_Unpacked folder, go inside of the ExtractedRomFS folder, open the data folder, and open the sound folder. Inside of the sound folder is all of the sounds inside of the game. You'll want the .bcstm file you find online to match the EXACT name of the .bcstm file inside of the data/sound folder. I recommend finding the BCSTM to WAV Converter to be able to listen to what each file is.

Thanks dude I finally got it to work :D

Reactions: KunoichiZ

SamusAran49

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I had seen this sooner. SaltySD is actually not the only way to get custom music for Sun and Moon. As a matter of fact, you don't even need custom firmware. I'm actually surprised to find that not many others seem to know this, but you were on to something when you tried replacing the bcstm files and then rebuilding the ROMFS. That's how I did it, and it worked for me. So is the issue that it freezes at the rainbow thing on the left side of the screen? The glitchy rainbow thing sometimes happens to me before it loads the game, but it never freezes like that. When you say that you replaced the bcstm files, do you mean that you renamed them to the respective original filenames and then replaced the originals? If so, I don't know what you did wrong. I would definitely just check to make sure that nothing else could have caused the crashing, like maybe you forgot to Hex edit the first 100 lines out?( I say this assuming that you use the ORAS and X and Y ROM hacking/randomizing method.)

PlatinumLord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I had seen this sooner. SaltySD is actually not the only way to get custom music for Sun and Moon. As a matter of fact, you don't even need custom firmware. I'm actually surprised to find that not many others seem to know this, but you were on to something when you tried replacing the bcstm files and then rebuilding the ROMFS. That's how I did it, and it worked for me. So is the issue that it freezes at the rainbow thing on the left side of the screen? The glitchy rainbow thing sometimes happens to me before it loads the game, but it never freezes like that. When you say that you replaced the bcstm files, do you mean that you renamed them to the respective original filenames and then replaced the originals? If so, I don't know what you did wrong. I would definitely just check to make sure that nothing else could have caused the crashing, like maybe you forgot to Hex edit the first 100 lines out?( I say this assuming that you use the ORAS and X and Y ROM hacking/randomizing method.)

There's actually a way to do it without custom firmware? How?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1