a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've tried creating a forwarder channel using customizemii. I'm using the static base wad. Have my banner and icon all showing up good on the wii(no brick). When I click on start, the screen gives me this green bar horizontally across my screen or gives me a code dump depending on the nand loader I choose(comex=green bar or waninkoko=code dump). All current ios's from the "ios newbie thread" here: http://gbatemp.net/t212497-best-cios-selection-for-newbies

I'm at a loss on how to create a channel that forwards to SD:apps/uqm/boot.dol

Here is the project home page: http://wiki.uqm.stack.nl/Wii_Port#Source

I just can't seem to get it to load even using the forwarder option in customizemii.

If some would like to help me, I can upload the game, banner, and icon I created so maybe thay can fiddle with it.

DEFIANT

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Here is the game and icons I'm trying to use.

http://rapidshare.com/files/387070659/UQM.rar

If any one out there could make me a forwarder for this game, I would be ever so grateful. I'm having zero luck making it work for this game myself.

On the other hand, I've had great success with my own dosbox forwarder and multi mod manger forwarder.

DEFIANT

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Still trying to reach the developer for the source code.

If I use SFCC.Executable.v1.0 and choose usb loader gx wad, I can actually get to the games splash screen but then the game freezes. GRRRR!

I know this is a really obscure game and all and I'm sure I'm the only one who cares but I could really use some help or advice.

EDIT: OK... I've been reading something about "entrypoint" and how memory gets overlaped. Could that be the reasion why I can't forward to the game? If thats the problem, how do I fix it?

DEFIANT

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hard work + Perseverance = I fing got it to work...yeha!!

This is how I did it.

I used a homebrew app called "Universal Forwarder". Great little program by the way.

I moved UQM boot.dol to sd:\forwarder\ and renamed UQM boot.dol to defualt.dol so this program loads by default with no button presses.

Used cusomizemii to load "static wad" and forwarded Universal Forwarder's boot.dol file so that when I click on this channel, it starts UQM in sd:\forwarder\.

It's a round about way, but what the hell, it works. I'm so stoked. Been at this every day for 5 days trying to figure this out.

anyways...here it is my custom channel for UQM game. Enjoy, I put some time into for sure.
http://rapidshare.com/files/387784143/The_...ters_-_TUQM.wad

Now only if I could figure out how to add sound to my channel...don't suppose anyone could help me with that??

EDIT: Easier setup.

DEFIANT

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
No offense...

Yes I know the bumping rule.

If you read each and every post carefully, you would of seen that each post contained updated a new information. And second, I solved my problem in the last post making it more relevant that the others, so your offer of removing attachments is mute. And since THAT post is the only back to back in the same day that makes the board rule a grey area. Unless you just needed a reason to tell me how I'm breaking the rules, in that case I acknowledge that and will refrain from making similar posts in the future. Thank you.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DEFIANT said:
No offense...

Yes I know the bumping rule.

If you read each and every post carefully, you would of seen that each post contained updated a new information. And second, I solved my problem in the last post making it more relevent that the others, so your offer of removing attachements is mute.

Unless you just needed a reason to tell me how I'm breaking the rules, in that case I aknowlege that and will remember it in the future. Thank you.
After I quoted the rule, I gave you an answer. Also, for providing updates, there's an edit button which I know you know how to use, as you've used it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Huge crts on both eye lids
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Honestly the EyeToy games where like proto augmented reality
    I had one it was fun lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think I did then it broke a few months later
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also have a Wii
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I also have a Wii