help, can´t get my microphone to work

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Zeca21, Jan 11, 2012.

Jan 11, 2012
  1. Zeca21
    OP

Newcomer Zeca21 Newbie

Portugal
    Hello, I´m using USBloader gx on my wii, and when trying to play Sing 4, the game works but the it asks to connect the usb microphone... they are already connected, I bought two mics from speedlink and they are connected to the bottom usb door, on the top usb door it´s the HDD where the game is... Before writing here I´ve been through may forums looking for a solution, some suggested updating the ios, trying to use ios 222 or 223 or 249 or 250, but none of these worked... So I really could use some help making this work, ´cause since I spent money on the mics, it would be a shame if I didn´t use them ( oh and by the way, they work on the computer, I tested them).
    Thanks in advance

2. Zeca21
    OP

Newcomer Zeca21 Newbie

Portugal
    Hello, I´m using USBloader gx on my wii, and when trying to play Sing 4, the game works but the it asks to connect the usb microphone... they are already connected, I bought two mics from speedlink and they are connected to the bottom usb door, on the top usb door it´s the HDD where the game is... Before writing here I´ve been through may forums looking for a solution, some suggested updating the ios, trying to use ios 222 or 223 or 249 or 250, but none of these worked... So I really could use some help making this work, ´cause since I spent money on the mics, it would be a shame if I didn´t use them ( oh and by the way, they work on the computer, I tested them).
    Thanks in advance

3. Ramzee

Newcomer Ramzee Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    It may be the SpeedLink mics are incompatable.

Most Wii singing games use a wired Logitech Vantage USB Microphone.

The PS2/3, Xbox 360, PC, Guitar Hero, etc. varients use the same hardware so prehaps you can borrow one to test?

4. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Yeah you can't just buy a microphone and use it on the wii. You must know the drivers are hard coded in the wii so maybe this microphone type just haven't got a compatible driver. As Ramzee said try another one.

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    "trying to use ios 222 or 223 or 249 or 250"

whereever you got your infos before, look for a new place, that's useless.

Install d2x v6 or 7 with base IOS56 as IOS249, and then set your loader to use IOS249 in general or for this game specific, and try again. And if that does not work, try again with base IOS57.

6. Zeca21
    OP

Newcomer Zeca21 Newbie

Portugal
    Hey! did what WiiPower said but still doesn´t work... Probably it´s a compatibility problem with the mics... =\ maybe speedlink doesn´t work with usbloader gx...=\ any other tip?

7. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Nope, it wont work then in general with the wii as said earlier.

8. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    Buy a mic specially designed for the Wii... eBay would probably have some cheap stuff...

9. Zeca21
    OP

Newcomer Zeca21 Newbie

Portugal
    Thanks, guys. I´ll do so... This mic was for PS2 but in the box it´s written that is Wii compatible... But to use with usbloader, doesn´t look so... Thanks any way for your help! Cheers! =)

10. MKWTrouble

Newcomer MKWTrouble Newbie

United States
    For me, I had to put the HDD on the bottom USB port and the microphone on the top. Also, I had to use 222 or 223 (I can't remember which now). 222/223 should be Hermes V4 or V5.

--MKW

11. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
  12. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    You should always have the HDD in the bottom port and anything else in the other port.