HELP, broke touchscreen connector when installing new touchscreen, arg

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by MrOldboy, May 19, 2009.

1. MrOldboy
    OP

MrOldboy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2009
    United States
    My touchscreen recently died, so I bought a replacement one, looked easy enough so I put it in and all I had to do was connected it, but I sort of dropped the screen portion. The top plastic of the connector broke off along with all of the 4 wires/connectors.

this is what I broke. http://cgi.ebay.com/Touch-Screen-Connector...bayphotohosting

I have no idea how to solder, I have a soldering iron, but failed miserably my first attempt

The ds works fine, I hooked it up and everything functions fine, except for the touchscreen functionality. I tried just holding it there, and taping it, ect ect... a got a few small responses but thats it.

Please help me out, the DS is completely functional except for that one connector.

is there any repair places i can send it to, its definitely out of warranty too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice