Hacking Help. Boot fail

nik23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Ok i guess i created the retail image. U can see the log dump down in spoiler. I got the $System update 14719 and added aditional files after; and i managed to create the bin file. But i have something not very clearely.. it says: "Couldn't add dashlaunch patches to D:\#J-R_NAND\J-Runner v0.3 Beta 8 17511\xeBuild\14719\_glitch2m.ini" Its missing something?

And ive done 2 images and when i compare them it fails.. :( the erors are:

Comparing...
0x038D
0x038E
0x038F
0x0390
0x0393
0x0398

Retail Selected
CpuKey is Correct
Load Files Initiliazation Finished
Couldn't add dashlaunch patches to D:\#J-R_NAND\J-Runner v0.3 Beta 8 17511\xeBuild\14719\_glitch2m.ini
Started Creation of the 14719 xebuild image
---------------------------------------------------------------
xeBuild v1.18.800
base path changed to D:\#J-R_NAND\J-Runner v0.3 Beta 8 17511\xeBuild
---- { Image Build Mode } ----
building retail image

done! fsroot found ok!
C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Stock_nand\J-Runner v3\J-Runner v3\032531713209\updflash.bin image built, info:
Kernel : 2.0.14719.0
Console : Trinity
NAND size : 16MiB
Build : Retail
Serial : xxxxxxxxxxxx
ConsoleId : xxxxxxxxxxxx
MoboSerial: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mfg Date : 08/01/2011
CPU Key : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1BL Key : DD88ADxx9ED669E7B56794FB68563EFA
DVD Key : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CF LDV : 2
KV type : type2 (hashed - unchecked, master key not available)
xeBuild Finished. Have a nice day.
Saved to C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Stock_nand\J-Runner v3\J-Runner v3\032531713209
Image is Ready
Initializing updflash.bin..
Trinity
Glitch2 Selected
Nand Initialization Finished

Last edited by nik23,

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats the retail $System Update, you need the 14717 xebuild folder. Just place this file in the xebuild folder of jrunner, and unzip it. Delete the other one and try again. I don't know why it's mentioning that it couldn't patch the image with Dashlaunch, as you're building a retail image and it shouldn't anyway.

Also, be sure that you only have the 2 images you're comparing in the output folder.

Attachments

• 14717.rar
    16 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by brickmii82,

nik23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thats the retail $System Update, you need the 14717 xebuild folder. Just place this file in the xebuild folder of jrunner, and unzip it. Delete the other one and try again. I don't know why it's mentioning that it couldn't patch the image with Dashlaunch, as you're building a retail image and it shouldn't anyway.

Also, be sure that you only have the 2 images you're comparing in the output folder.
Ok. Thanks a lot!! ill try again!

nik23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi guys! I managed to restore the nand back thru jr programmer. i added mupen on usb stick and played some games.. i think the xcgpu is dying :( / Watch the video and tell me your opinion. Thanks!

nik23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Ok i've done. still nothing. But! The southbridge is overheating too much. I think its not normal... its too hot for a cpu without an radiator. EDIT: The console its ripped. so never mind . too much headache for nothing. i got the cr from it and just throw it for parts :D

Last edited by nik23,

nik23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Im confused with something... I try to rgh a phat one with a ace360 v3. First time when i read the board , it shows me FALCON/OPUS i created the images (all the same) Created ecc and uploaded it.. / After, i tryed to program de ace v3 with a timing file. None of them did not worked. I tryed with dynamic/auto-tuning file but same problem.. no boot to get the cpu key. Tryed to run the preceses again. And now when i read the nand it is identyfied as TRINITY. First falcon and now trinity..?!? And when i try to create ecc again it says : header is wrong, invalid image.

Edit: i think something went wrong with the original nand when i extracted.. One of them was corupted. (bad blocks) and with that one i made the ecc file. when i tryed to go back to retail the nand file was full of errors so i chosed the second one and it worked. now ill try to remake the entire preocess again with the good one (bin file) I will come with new soon :D

Last edited by nik23,

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im confused with something... I try to rgh a phat one with a ace360 v3. First time when i read the board , it shows me FALCON/OPUS i created the images (all the same) Created ecc and uploaded it.. / After, i tryed to program de ace v3 with a timing file. None of them did not worked. I tryed with dynamic/auto-tuning file but same problem.. no boot to get the cpu key. Tryed to run the preceses again. And now when i read the nand it is identyfied as TRINITY. First falcon and now trinity..?!? And when i try to create ecc again it says : header is wrong, invalid image.

Edit: i think something went wrong with the original nand when i extracted.. One of them was corupted. (bad blocks) and with that one i made the ecc file. when i tryed to go back to retail the nand file was full of errors so i chosed the second one and it worked. now ill try to remake the entire preocess again with the good one (bin file) I will come with new soon :D
Make sure you extract 2 copies and always, always compare. If it doesn't match, read it again and match those 2

nik23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Ok i made it. finaly after many tries , its done. I replaced the ace v3 with coolrunner (its the same but.. (only some rewire)) from a dead x360 slim :D . I checked the cr4 near the dashboard selector in JR. I've got another JR with all dashboards included inside.. http://www.mediafire.com/file/kc1qj5mdt284igx/jrunner_17511.rar Maybe that was the problem... I don know.. // The errors i got was that my version of bin was 10 and when i was try to write it, says: vron version 00.. but finaly worked... / next one its a xenon board without hdmi. i have the ace v3 for it. The tutorial i used is this one: https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...get-a-cr4-like-experience-phats-only.1349194/ .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying