Hacking Help! Acekard2 not reading .sav files..

x3karina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I recently purchased the Acekard2 and everything works great.. except that it doesn't read the .sav files! They show up on the menu but I can't select them or open them or anything. They are all saved as .sav and not .nds.sav or anything like that.

Does anyone know how to fix it? And possibly put it into words that a blonde trapped inside an Asian girl's body would understand? ;D

Thank you!

x3karina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for responding, but I've tried that with no luck =(

Is it something to do with a savelist.bin file or something like that? I've downloaded that and put it into the _ak2/ folder also with no luck.

Is it just me? Haha..

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i'm a bit confused what you are trying to do. you can not load or run the save file. is that what you mean by selecting it? you should be using the akaio firmware (because its much better and supports the official ak2 loader). in the options you can set it so that your games use either .nds.sav or .sav. depending on your files you may need to convert them to work on your ak2 (www.shunyweb.com). don't go adding any files to your akaio install, just download the 1.2 version and put it in the root of your msd card. put your converted (or not converted) sav files named the same as your roms and then double check the options to use .sav and everything will work.

goodluck!
-another world

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it can't read save files, where did your save files come from? If they came from another cart, you probably need to convert them into a format that the AK2 can read. There's an online converter available.

If I'm not mistaken, savelist.bin is only used for the Acekard RPG, not the Acekard 2.

-Bri

x3karina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the acekard2 recognizes that they are .sav files and they show up on the menu, but I can't play them. They all directly come from roms within the acekard2 that I've been playing, so I don't understand why I can't play them. =(

I am using the firmware downloaded from acekard.com (ver. 4.11 I believe); where can I downloaded the AKAIO firmware? Would I have to delete the official firmware to use this one?

Thanks! I feel closer to solving this problem! =)

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AKAIO is a direct replacement for the official firmware, although it is possible to have both on your cart at the same time (just name akmenu4.nds of the official to something else like "Official Menu.nds" before installing AKAIO and you can run the official menu from AKAIO if you want).

Unless you have an opinion set to show save files you shouldn't be seeing them in the menu. The official menu and AKAIO both name the saves "filename.nds.sav" by default (but AKAIO has an option to name them "filename.sav" if you want). You can download AKAIO here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3104

So are you saying that the menu creates the save file the first time you run a game, and you save your game using the normal mechanism from within the game, but then when you load your game a second time it doesn't have your saved game? Have you tried this with more than one game?

-Bri

milkfat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi x3karina. Are you trying launch a game by clicking on the .sav files directly? I think the others here may be misunderstanding your issue.

You never click on the .sav file directly to launch a game.

.sav files are recognized automatically whenever a rom is launched. For example, launching mario_brothers.nds will cause AK2 automatically to look for mario_brothers.sav (and load it if it exists). The whole process is supposed to be transparent, you should hide the .sav files and forget they even exist.

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
are save files all universal?? So save files from any other cart would work on the Acekard2 with or without some form of conversion??

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No. Some flash carts use the same save file format as the AK2, but not all of them. There is an online tool for converting save files between different formats though.

-Bri

x3karina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
milkfat said:
Hi x3karina. Are you trying launch a game by clicking on the .sav files directly? I think the others here may be misunderstanding your issue.

You never click on the .sav file directly to launch a game.

.sav files are recognized automatically whenever a rom is launched. For example, launching mario_brothers.nds will cause AK2 automatically to look for mario_brothers.sav (and load it if it exists). The whole process is supposed to be transparent, you should hide the .sav files and forget they even exist.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I see I see! This solved my "problem" perfectly; thank you! (I wasn't kidding about me being a blonde trapped inside an Asian body..)

Sorry for wasting everyones time here -.-

Thanks again! =))))))

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was a dark time