[HELP] Accidentally delete cia in FBI, does the save still exist?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by godofwrath, Aug 22, 2016.

1. godofwrath
    OP

godofwrath GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2007
    As per the title, through a series of unfortunate events, I accidentally went to install the same cia that I already installed, then cancelled part way, so it deleted it and once I reinstalled it, no save. Does the save still exist?

2. alpha_noj

alpha_noj GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2009
    United States
    I believe the save is connected to the CIA, so unfortunately I believe it's gone. Someone with more info can likely confirm or deny that though.

3. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    No the save is saved on your SD card. If you re-install the cia your save will still be there, assuming you didn't delete anything from the SD card.

4. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    I'd say your save's gone. You can try reinstalling it though.

5. godofwrath
    OP

godofwrath GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2007
    reinstalled and it just acted as if it were to be re-created, so the save is directly connected to the cia which is kind of disappointing but I didn't do too much on the save relative to visible progress.

basically this is the scenario: you install a cia that you installed before that had a save, but you didn't mean to start the install, so you cancel it, which deletes the cia (or installing the cia while you already installed it deletes it more than likely) which in turn deletes the save.

all I lost was some grinding on star sapphire, I just ripped my cart and decided to turn it into a cia so I could just install the modded version. Shame.

Thanks for the responses anyway, too bad on the save, I'm just gonna pkhex some of the grinding back I suppose lol.