OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Oh! Hello there gentle tempers! You caught me catching up on an old favorite forum. It's... wonderful to get lost in the past, isn't it? The memories, bonds, and history, don't they just... take you away? ... *Cough, cough*. Come with me now, if you will, gentle tempers. Join me on a new voyage of the forum, a little tale I call... Ace Gunman, my final post:

It's a cold day today, and the wind is cru-el, but I... have a post to make. It's been a while since I last posted, I was having some personal troubles that started to leak into my everyday routines. As such I took an extended leave of absence in order to regroup and find myself again (6 and a half months, to be precise). During that time, many things have changed... I've changed, GBAtemp has changed, we've all changed. Our priorities have shifted, this is no longer the GBAtemp I remember, nor am I the Ace Gunman you remember. As such, this will be my final post.

It was four years ago exactly (April 16th, 2003), that I joined the GBAtemp community, so it's only fitting that this be the day I leave. We've all grown up, changed... evolved. Many who were here in the beginning are no longer with us, while others have become long-standing members and left a permanent mark on the forum (I'd like to think I did the same). I've been a newbie, a moderator, and a long time member. In my time here I tried my best to give a level-headed non-biased opinion on the topics at hand, whether it be a so-called bad game I suggested we all play before we judge, or a controversial topic that was subject to rampant fanboy-related rants. I did everything I could to be as open minded as possible, while still bringing levity to any given situation. And I hope that's how you all remember me when I leave here.

For those of you here that long ago, you may remember that when I first started posting here my writing was subject to various grammar inconsistencies, typographical errors, and just a general lack of form. I was a fresh-eyed youngster (I would have been about 14 or 15) with big ideas, limited knowledge, and little skill in the writing department. However, as you can see, I've since grown up, and a lot of that is thanks to this community. You folks challenged me, whether you know it or not. You pushed me to be better than I was so that I could eventually ascend to a higher level and become a respected member of GBAtemp. I've taken great pride in this tiny (not-so-much anymore...) online community and it's a genuine shame that we've grown apart.

While frequenting here I've seen the forums' highs and lows. I've been privileged to be both a GBAtemp member, and at one point a mod, where I got to be a part of the internal machinations that keep this community running. I've been vocal in my want to see this community grow and flourish, and I hope it continues to do so. Although I can't speak for how it is now, as I've been absent, I personally know this forum as a place of kindness and friendship, and to all present and future members... try and keep up to that standard. I've made many good friends here, and I hope to continue to stay in contact with them outside of GBAtemp. Well, that about does it, I don't know what more I can say. You've all been great, but now I must take my leave (I'm pulling a Tempest Stormwind). You stay classy, GBAtemp. Goodbye, and good luck. - Ace Gunman

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sad to see you go Ace, even though I've never really known you, a vet's presence is always appreciated.

Reading through your post I couldn't help but relate, I've found myself retyping the same post multiple times because I didn't like the way it read, and ashamed of some of my early posts.

But GBAtemp has always been a great forum, I struggle to come up with more than 2 flame wars, let alone serious ones.
So I shall wish you good luck with everything that comes your way ace.
smile.gif

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yo Ace....You know I once said the same thing....and the staff said the immortal words....you'll be back...I tried my hardest...I think it was a good 3 months where I just RSS's GBAtemp....until there was a format on my comp where I needed to login to find the RSS link and bam I was hooked again. Even on the run from the feds I couldn't resist the temp....it's now become my home...even as I go through my own personal troubles. I hope the same goes for you...but if not...it was good knowing you.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hope everything goes good for you in real life.

You're presence has been missed and will be missed but alas, real life comes knocking sometimes.

Bonus points for the Serenity quote, by the way.

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Cya Ace , it was nice to play Ragnarok online on Zarcon server ... Back ol'days
frown.gif

Yeah , every old memebers are leaving... im one of last remaning guys from the my generation of tempers.
frown.gif
At least we good some good new regulars like mthrnite, .TaKaM and Shinji
smile.gif
(im quite sure i forgot a lot of people.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol