Hello, Goodbye

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Ace Gunman, Apr 16, 2007.

Apr 16, 2007

Hello, Goodbye by Ace Gunman at 5:06 PM (1,515 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Ace Gunman
    OP

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    Oh! Hello there gentle tempers! You caught me catching up on an old favorite forum. It's... wonderful to get lost in the past, isn't it? The memories, bonds, and history, don't they just... take you away? ... *Cough, cough*. Come with me now, if you will, gentle tempers. Join me on a new voyage of the forum, a little tale I call... Ace Gunman, my final post:

It's a cold day today, and the wind is cru-el, but I... have a post to make. It's been a while since I last posted, I was having some personal troubles that started to leak into my everyday routines. As such I took an extended leave of absence in order to regroup and find myself again (6 and a half months, to be precise). During that time, many things have changed... I've changed, GBAtemp has changed, we've all changed. Our priorities have shifted, this is no longer the GBAtemp I remember, nor am I the Ace Gunman you remember. As such, this will be my final post.

It was four years ago exactly (April 16th, 2003), that I joined the GBAtemp community, so it's only fitting that this be the day I leave. We've all grown up, changed... evolved. Many who were here in the beginning are no longer with us, while others have become long-standing members and left a permanent mark on the forum (I'd like to think I did the same). I've been a newbie, a moderator, and a long time member. In my time here I tried my best to give a level-headed non-biased opinion on the topics at hand, whether it be a so-called bad game I suggested we all play before we judge, or a controversial topic that was subject to rampant fanboy-related rants. I did everything I could to be as open minded as possible, while still bringing levity to any given situation. And I hope that's how you all remember me when I leave here.

For those of you here that long ago, you may remember that when I first started posting here my writing was subject to various grammar inconsistencies, typographical errors, and just a general lack of form. I was a fresh-eyed youngster (I would have been about 14 or 15) with big ideas, limited knowledge, and little skill in the writing department. However, as you can see, I've since grown up, and a lot of that is thanks to this community. You folks challenged me, whether you know it or not. You pushed me to be better than I was so that I could eventually ascend to a higher level and become a respected member of GBAtemp. I've taken great pride in this tiny (not-so-much anymore...) online community and it's a genuine shame that we've grown apart.

While frequenting here I've seen the forums' highs and lows. I've been privileged to be both a GBAtemp member, and at one point a mod, where I got to be a part of the internal machinations that keep this community running. I've been vocal in my want to see this community grow and flourish, and I hope it continues to do so. Although I can't speak for how it is now, as I've been absent, I personally know this forum as a place of kindness and friendship, and to all present and future members... try and keep up to that standard. I've made many good friends here, and I hope to continue to stay in contact with them outside of GBAtemp. Well, that about does it, I don't know what more I can say. You've all been great, but now I must take my leave (I'm pulling a Tempest Stormwind). You stay classy, GBAtemp. Goodbye, and good luck. - Ace Gunman

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

2. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    You may have good reasons to do this, but I really hope you come back sometime pal.

3. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    Sad to see you go Ace, even though I've never really known you, a vet's presence is always appreciated.

Reading through your post I couldn't help but relate, I've found myself retyping the same post multiple times because I didn't like the way it read, and ashamed of some of my early posts.

But GBAtemp has always been a great forum, I struggle to come up with more than 2 flame wars, let alone serious ones.
    So I shall wish you good luck with everything that comes your way ace. [​IMG]

4. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Well i dont know who you are. However if i did im sure i would miss you. cya :'(

5. ShadowXP

Member ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

United Kingdom
    Ace Gunman was ace. [​IMG] Maybe I'll see you on Ragnarok again sometime mate!

6. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I don't really know you but its a shame to see someone leave that looks like they really were an asset to the forum.

7. pacha69

Member pacha69 GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    A great loss for the gbatemp comunity.

8. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    [​IMG]

All of our past high-contributors are leaving [​IMG]

How long before life comes to take me away?

9. spokenrope

Member spokenrope c7

United States
    Unless you flat out don't like the community, there's no reason for one to "retire."

10. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    I also thought of the band when i saw this post [​IMG]

11. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    Yo Ace....You know I once said the same thing....and the staff said the immortal words....you'll be back...I tried my hardest...I think it was a good 3 months where I just RSS's GBAtemp....until there was a format on my comp where I needed to login to find the RSS link and bam I was hooked again. Even on the run from the feds I couldn't resist the temp....it's now become my home...even as I go through my own personal troubles. I hope the same goes for you...but if not...it was good knowing you.

12. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    good bye Ace!
    Hope I'll see you around! [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. teh_raf3

Member teh_raf3 Whatever suits you

Belgium
  14. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    I hope everything goes good for you in real life.

You're presence has been missed and will be missed but alas, real life comes knocking sometimes.

Bonus points for the Serenity quote, by the way.

15. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Bye Ace, stay frosty.

I'll keep an eye on things.

16. Akoji

Member Akoji +5 internets to psyfira for avatar.

Canada
    Cya Ace , it was nice to play Ragnarok online on Zarcon server ... Back ol'days [​IMG]

Yeah , every old memebers are leaving... im one of last remaning guys from the my generation of tempers. [​IMG] At least we good some good new regulars like mthrnite, .TaKaM and Shinji [​IMG] (im quite sure i forgot a lot of people.)