Gaming Hellgate - London help

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm stuck in the British Museum. I'm supposed to find a hellrift but there isn't one. I have gone through every room. Where am I supposed to go?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a blasted idiot.

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
oo lucky you jumpman, i got hellgate about a week ago, (gotta love being a game reviewer) but the single player just gives me an error so i can only play online

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how I feel about this game really. I mean, my first impressions weren't that great.

And I'm disappointed to see that the advertising from the demo is still in the final release. In all the stations, there are posters all over the place. Nvidia: The way it's meant to be played. Nvidia: Battle ready. Alienware. Dark Horse Comics. There's so much of it. Going down a hallway and they have 10 Nvidia posters in a row on both sides of the hallway. WTF?

The other thing that makes me mad is that every crumbled wall has picture frames on the back of it. And in the frames are pictures of the staff and the cover to PCGamer featuring Hellgate on the cover. Now, if this was a one time thing for fun, I'd understand. But it's on the back of EVERY crumbled wall. And there are a lot of them because they use the same chunks of land over and over again in the levels.

And you just can't die in this game. You find lots of health packs along the way. And when you are slain, you can either pay a small fee that increases with every level (but still, paying 300 out of my stash of 6,000 and there's always plenty of money to be found) to resurrect yourself at the same spot and continue with full health, or you can choose to become a ghost and be transported back to the beginning of the area (but you have increased speed so you get there in no time) and resurrect with half health when you find your tombstone where you died.

Also, you have special moves you can select that use your skill points or whatever when you level up, but I've never even equipped any of them yet as slashing dual swords seems to work just fine.

But despite all these things I find wrong with the game, I keep seeming to play it for some reason.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can't really help about the hellrift. Every single game generates a random dungeon, so 2 people will never see the same room. I believe this includes the museum. The only thing I could say is to go back to the station save and reload and hope that the new generated museum has the rift there.

It's an okay game. That's it, just okay. I can see potential if they started adding and expanding stuff. The graphics itself are very outdated, I'm not sure what DX10 would even bring to the table with this game other than improve lighting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol