1. bird333

OP bird333 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    When I power off my switch from Hekate it is actually still in RCM mode. Is there some setting I need to change to actually have it power off?

2. Boydy86

Boydy86 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Does Hekate indicate "auto-RCM" is turned on?

3. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

United States
    How do you know you're in RCM? If you plug into a PC it turns on the switch.

NoNAND likes this.
  4. bird333

Newcomer

United States
    Yes, it is enabled.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I can send it a payload without pressing the power button to turn it on.

5. LyuboA

LyuboA GBAtemp Regular

Bulgaria
    you can use Auto RCM with Hekate 5.0.1 and the option Power Off on next payload this will allow you to be able to Power Off from HOS too without going into RCM after that you need only press the power button and you will be in RCM
    this is how i use it my Switch was off for 3 days and the battery was still at 100% and if i have plugged RCM payload injector and power off it dosnt reboot in 15sec so i know this works been using it for a month now

NoNAND likes this.
  6. bird333

Newcomer

United States
    So you are saying I can just power off the switch from HOS? I thought that only sent it to RCM. I still would think that power off from Hekate would actually power off the system.

7. LyuboA

LyuboA GBAtemp Regular

Bulgaria
    yes power off from hekate power off the the system but with that option enabled you are able to power off directly from power menu in HOS

8. link42586

link42586 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    HOS= Horizon OS?

9. bird333

Newcomer

United States
    Nope, powering off from HOS doesn't work either. Still in RCM.

10. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I dont think you're really in RCM. When you plug your switch into a PC it sends power through the USB cable and your switch automatically turns on. You dont have to hit the power button. And yes you obviously still have autoRCM enabled. Boot hekate, turn on autoRCM and then turn it off again.

NoNAND and bird333 like this.
  11. xaimaster

xaimaster Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    I use autoRCM on my Switch. I put sleep most of the time since powering off from switch doesn't actually power off the device.

Its kinda easy to check your switch still on RCM or not. After you turn off Switch, press power for a few sec, it doesn't turn on that mean you still on RCM. Switch also feel warn when you turn off the device while having autoRCM and this can make your battery flat in the next day.

To turn off Switch completely, inject hekate 5.0.1 payload and choose power off.

12. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    It does power off, using a pc their is no way to tell, but I assure you that if you insert a dongle, no payload is sent without powering it on first.

13. bird333

Newcomer

United States
    Ok this makes sense and would explain the behavior I'm seeing. Thanks!

14. LyuboA

LyuboA GBAtemp Regular

Bulgaria
    yes every time you connect your switch to PC or any usb will go to RCM thats why if you want to charge it while you have Auto RCM powered off you need to plug it then power off and yes HOS is Horizon OS and ot works great the way i told you i havnt used a jig in 1 month very convenient

you can power off with Auto RCM from HOS too if you use Kosmos theres an option for that in Hekate

Best way to tell if you are in RCM is to connect to PC then power off if after 20 sec RCM is NOT detected the Console is completely OFF

xaimaster likes this.
  15. NoNAND

NoNAND Give me back my legions!

Albania
    I don't know about the hekate part, as i rarely use it but, with the latest atmosphere releases your switch should turn off just fine from HOS under the Power->Power Off menu.
    Tried it myself, and when i launched a payload the switch had plenty of battery left in it which is a clear sign that it didn't drain the battery.
    By the by, of course your switch will power on after plugged in to a computer, hence the autoRCM being turned on.

MicmasH_W likes this.
  16. LyuboA

LyuboA GBAtemp Regular

Bulgaria
    thats what i'm saying you can power off from HOS + Best way to tell you are completely off o
    if not sure plug into PC and AFTER THAT POWER OFF the system if after 20sec PC dosnt detect RCM you are off dont power of and connect but connect and power off to check it cant be more simple then that

17. xaimaster

xaimaster Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Yeah I use Kosmos and didn't know about it. Thanks for this.

I use https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/Payload_Launcher to chainload payload. This way I don't need to inject payload from usb to launch hekate. Run payload launcher homebrew and choose hekate and turn off power

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - actually, Hekate, doesnt