Hardware Headset not working with black ops

megamike360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am trying to voice chat in black ops, but I can't. The blue light comes on, but I can't talk or hear people, (they come through the TV).

I am using Wankinko's Cios Rev 19 with base 57? I have ios 249, and ios 58? Anyway, is there anything I can do?

GTbigT

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I need to know the answer to this question also. I'm assuming it has something to do w/ ios's

EDIT: I got it working. My solution: installed newest IOS58 (you can get the installation file using Homebrew Browser). Then used the latest Hackmii installer to install the most recent Homebrew Channel. After it's installed, run it and verify that it is using IOS58 (press the HOME button while in HBC). I was also using USB Loader GX, but had success using CFG Loader. Still using IOS249 rev 20. It's worked without a hitch since.

megamike360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump! Still not working, some please help me! I'm starting to get desperate! I have Cios corp installed, would this prevent me from updating my IOS58 to the newer version?

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
megamike360 said:
Bump! Still not working, some please help me! I'm starting to get desperate! I have Cios corp installed, would this prevent me from updating my IOS58 to the newer version?
Yes. I'm pretty sure that's the problem because CiosCORP/DARKCORP install IOS with version numbers maxed out. I don't have my headset yet but I plan on uninstalling DARKCORP, redue the hacks, and have the latest IOS58 installed. Try that out and please let me know if it works.

megamike360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uninstalling Cioscorp with DOP-Mii v13 did absolutely nothing. I'm updating to 4.3 with wanin's updater without patches to see if that works. I can't even do a real update, I get an error.

Okay, updating also did jack. I'm stumped. I can't possibly imagine what the heck is wrong.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
megamike360 said:
Uninstalling Cioscorp with DOP-Mii v13 did absolutely nothing. I'm updating to 4.3 with wanin's updater without patches to see if that works. I can't even do a real update, I get an error.

Okay, updating also did jack. I'm stumped. I can't possibly imagine what the heck is wrong.
After uninstalling Cioscorp, you updated IOS58? http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58_Installer

megamike360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I updated, but I had to do so by other means, I used Wad manager 1.7, Wad 1.5, NUS downloader and then Wad manager, Dop-mii, and Pimpmywii. The HBB installer always says, "instillation failed" even though I'm on 1.0.8. The menu of the HBC even says I'm running ios 58

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
megamike360 said:
Yeah I updated, but I had to do so by other means, I used Wad manager 1.7, Wad 1.5, NUS downloader and then Wad manager, Dop-mii, and Pimpmywii. The HBB installer always says, "instillation failed" even though I'm on 1.0.8. The menu of the HBC even says I'm running ios 58
Interesting. Well I'll let you know how it goes for me when I get my headset. Ordered it online so hopefully by the end of the week.

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
megamike360 said:
Hi, I am trying to voice chat in black ops, but I can't. The blue light comes on, but I can't talk or hear people, (they come through the TV).

I am using Wankinko's Cios Rev 19 with base 57? I have ios 249, and ios 58? Anyway, is there anything I can do?

i have the headset, i load the game through uloader 5.1 with cios 224v5 base 57 and mic chat works flawlessly.

megamike360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you elaborate on that Terminal? I installed that... But it's still not working, but then again Uloader 5.1E just freezes so I had to use cfg loader and tell it to use 224. Can you give me more details on your system setup please?

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
megamike360 said:
Could you elaborate on that Terminal? I installed that... But it's still not working, but then again Uloader 5.1E just freezes so I had to use cfg loader and tell it to use 224. Can you give me more details on your system setup please?
Got my headset today and it works just fine. I'm using CFG61t1 with Hermes 224v5.1 base 57.

megamike360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
megamike360 said:
Got my headset today and it works just fine. I'm using CFG61t1 with Hermes 224v5.1 base 57.

What settings do you use to boot it???

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
megamike360 said:
EeZeEpEe said:
megamike360 said:

What settings do you use to boot it???
Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been on GBAtemp for a little. What settings do you mean? I have everything to whatever the default is. Only thing I changed was setting it to use 224 because all my other games mainly use 249.

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
zizer said:

I googled before asking, even search in gamer, amazon, play, but found no one.

Thank you.

smile.gif

joshvuln

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem with the head set was power.

USB does 2 functions. Power and data transfer.

I was using a USB hardrive with 2 USB conections, (no AC power cord). Since the wii only has 2 USB ports I had to get a AC to USB adaptor. So to get the headset to work I had to plug the hard drive into the wall (AC plug) with an adaptor. Plug the other hard drive USB into the bottem USB on the Wii and the head set on the top.

Before I used the adaptor the headsets lights were on but my Mic icon was not appearing in MP or Zombies.

I hope this helps to future people with head set problems.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
my headset works fine with the usb loader, but I noticed an issue that occurred after the last patch: I can't hear everyone on my headset that has one. I can usually hear one, two, or three people but no more. My headset works...I think its a glitch with my wi-fi and the headset or a glitch with the patch but I don't know. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he...