Headphone advice plz! >__<

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Thao_yea_mayn_xD, Feb 7, 2010.

Feb 7, 2010
  1. Thao_yea_mayn_xD
    OP

Newcomer Thao_yea_mayn_xD Member

Vietnam
    I'm planing to buy a pair of nice over-ear headphones but I don't know which to buy... X__x

Which headphones do you think would be okay? I'm only going to use them for music and such, and I can't afford anything more than 50$.

And what about Skullcandy? would they be okay? I've heard so many bad things about them [​IMG]

2. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
  3. Dark Blade

Member Dark Blade Flippin' Insane

United Kingdom
    Skull Candy are awesome. No need to think twice. [​IMG]

4. Thao_yea_mayn_xD
    OP

Vietnam
    Thank you for your answers ^^

5. Dark Blade

Member Dark Blade Flippin' Insane

United Kingdom
  6. Thao_yea_mayn_xD
    OP

Vietnam
  7. Cermage

Member Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    what do you care more about, getting the best sound you can for $50? or getting the best looking headphones you can for $50?

Best sound, fork out a little more look into getting senn hd515's($60 or so) or grado sr60's(60-70). if you dont want to fork out the extra $20 or so, look into hd202's($30). if you want something more portable, look into porta pro's ($30).

best looks? go skullcandy, terrible sound for the price though.

go to head-fi if you want more information. though they are very flavour of the month over there.

8. Thao_yea_mayn_xD
    OP

Vietnam

Hmm... I was thinking about something that's good quality but not too ugly xD. Thank you for your answers, i will look into it [​IMG]

9. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    I personally like the Snoop Dogg SkullCandys because it has a subwoofer and it sounds amazing. It shakes your whole head when you have them up loud.

10. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    I got a pair of Sennheiser's for under that much and they're awesome. They don't look that bad either and the lead on them is pretty long to move around with.

11. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Skullcandy headphones might look good, but the sound is shite IMO.

You better go for something like a Sennheiser or WeSC. They're quite expensive though.

12. airpirate545

Member airpirate545 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  13. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Ah, good old ABI, it's been a long time since I visited that place [​IMG]

14. nico445

Member nico445 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Reloop RH3500 LTD FTW [​IMG] the bass is just great and it looks good [​IMG]

15. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Fuck. This thread makes me rage so hard, I just want to kill everyone who actually think Skullcandy are good. Well, grow up, do some fucking research yourself, and listen to people that actually have experience with audio equipment. Not a bunch of ignorant strangers on some forum you go to. There may be people with good advice (Like .radiant), but the majority is going to say skullcandy, Shure or bose.

Open headphones: Sennheiser PX100, Koss PortaPros, Koss KSC75
    Earbuds: Yuin PK3s, Sennheiser series
    IEMs: Head-direct RE2, Soundmagic series

All under 50 USD, and all sound like gods, compared to that trash.

I bet you haven't heard of these, yeah? Because they don't look like garbage, and aren't trendy bullshit everyone should just fucking kill themselves if they like it.

Skullcandy? Good? Listen. Back when I had my own portapros, I managed to hear the Lowriders, skullcrushers, ink'd and all sorts of their products. They all sounded like shit. You know what's funny? The portapros were cheaper than the low riders and the skullcrushers, and they were better in every aspect. The low riders were like listening to a tin can, and the skullcrushers had so much bass, I had a headache for the entire day.

Same went for Bose. I have two friends with bose products, and they both sounded pretty awful for the price you were paying.

So, if you want some real help in audio, check out Head-fi.org. Anythingbutipod is a good website, but they're very biased, and majority of the users (except the mods, who I respect for their rigs and experience) believe that ipods sound bad.

Oh, and lastly. HEY, SCREW YOU. SKULLCANDYS SOUND AWESOME. ASDIFNJAIUSGBHJIOWEAR. It's because your ears aren't used to the good stuff. You can't notice the difference in sound instantly. The headphones and your brain needs to "burn in", meaning that you need to give it some time to get used to the sound. However, to the people using ibuds, burn in is drastically needed to get used to it.

Edit: LOOKING BACK AT THIS THREAD, IT MAKES ME LAUGH SO HARD. CNET? SKULLCANDYNONEEDTOTHINKTWICE? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. At times like these, owning even the mid-fi gear makes me laugh.

>>HE STILL THINKS SKULLCANDIES ARE GOOD
    Groupofwomanlaughing.jpeg

16. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Ah I am on my iPod touch right now listening to music with my KSC75. They are great. My only complaint is that because they clip on to your ear, other people can hear your music. I got them for only $20 on black friday. They also don't look half bad. Don't listen to people telling you to get skullcandy headphones... they are mediocre for what you pay.

17. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    lol I was waiting for Tropicana to respond [​IMG]

18. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Skullcandies suck ass! http://www.head-fi.org/

They are utter crap. Looks < Sound Quality :facepalm:

P.S. +1 to Tropicana. Oh and its called anythingbutipod so yeah. Oh and ipods are overpriced and need crappy iTunes. Granted I don't own one nor do I want one so I like them. [​IMG]

19. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Yes, but the entire idea of Abi is to discuss other DAP/Mp3 players besides ipods, not bash it. The members do that all the time. I used to do it to, until I realized how wrong I was.

20. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    They can sound good, but iTunes still sucks [​IMG]

Probably gonna grab a pair of Sennheiser earbuds soon. I can't stand anymore those cheap crappy earbuds I have. It's time for some quality [​IMG]