Hardware HDMI Cables: What's the difference?

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
So i was checking out my GPU and it supports HDMI but.. its 1.4a.
I checked the shop here and they only have 1.4 cables.
I'd like to ask if the 1.4 cable would be possible to jack in/work on my GPU that has 1.4a socket?

EDIT:And one more thing, i'm thinking on playing emulator games, mostly rhythm so if someone could answer me if there's gonna be lag with the cable. I played them with VGA cables and had no lag.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no version when it comes to HDMI cable, since all HDMI version use the same pin layout.

HDMI cable, as long it is well built, will work in any scenario.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There is no version when it comes to HDMI cable, since all HDMI version use the same pin layout.
Yes indeed, vendors marking cables as HDMI 1.4 or similar are just trying to make it seem like they're different and that you need the new one.

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All HDMI cables are the same. As long as the connector fit, it'll work. HDMI is a digital signal, which means that as long as there's an image, you're getting 100% of the quality you could ever get. Also don't be afraid to get a cable from a cheap brand for the same reason. Just get the cable, it'll work.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All HDMI cables are the same. As long as the connector fit, it'll work. HDMI is a digital signal, which means that as long as there's an image, you're getting 100% of the quality you could ever get. Also don't be afraid to get a cable from a cheap brand for the same reason. Just get the cable, it'll work.
Yes and no. Cheap cable does not work when you plan to cover a great distance (you simply won't get any images).

I would ignore cable rating and version number, but buy moderately thick cable. If you plan to leave cable plugged in for a very long time you may want gold plated connector to prevent oxidation.

FireSeel

Trophies
XP
Country
The versions of hdmi only affects the devices, not the cables, so all cables will have the same pins.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-