Hacking HDD not initialized; are my cios off?

alertkurt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Normal white Wii
USB Loader Version: 3.0 r1272

SysCheck:

I've done letterbomb and installed USB Loader GX before years ago. Well, it didn't work anymore (different problem) so today I did the whole thing again, I was following the Wii.Guide-Guide and I'm using a new HDD (intenso 2,5" memory case, 500 GBs). Now it doesn't load my Wii games and I also can't back them up via USB Loader, though it works with different software. Same problem with Wiiflow. I doubt the harddrive is the issue, the same one with more gigs is listed as working and I also tried all of my USB-Flashdrives with the same result. Maybe it doesn't get enough power and I just didn't have luck with my flashdrives?

Thanks in advance

Edit: I've tried formatting to fat32 and ntfs

Last edited by alertkurt,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Normal white Wii
USB Loader Version: 3.0 r1272

SysCheck:

I've done letterbomb and installed USB Loader GX before years ago. Well, it didn't work anymore (different problem) so today I did the whole thing again, I was following the Wii.Guide-Guide and I'm using a new HDD (intenso 2,5" memory case, 500 GBs). Now it doesn't load my Wii games and I also can't back them up via USB Loader, though it works with different software. Same problem with Wiiflow. I doubt the harddrive is the issue, the same one with more gigs is listed as working and I also tried all of my USB-Flashdrives with the same result. Maybe it doesn't get enough power and I just didn't have luck with my flashdrives?

Thanks in advance

Edit: I've tried formatting to fat32 and ntfs

Hello.:)

Welcome to the Wii Section.
Thank you for your sysCheck.
It looks good,nothing to "complain" about.:D

Can you please tell us which Games you have tried ?

Your HDD is recognized by the USBLoader GX so it should not be really a Power Issue.
Formatted with FAT32 is also ok.

Your Games were transferred with the WiiBackup Manager please ?
Your ISO/Games are also "Ok" ? Did you have checked/verified them please ?

http://onlinemd5.com/ <---- for Checking please
https://www.gametdb.com/ <--- for Comparing please.
Many Issues are caused by "bad" Game Images.

The HDD is connected to Port 0 ?
index.jpg

Please verifiy the following Settings in the USBLoader GX Settings/Global Settings - Loader Settings:

- Loader´s IOS - 58 (or 249)
- Game´s IOS - 249

Thank you and
Good Luck.:)

alertkurt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Alexander,

I've tried Worms: Battle Islands and also Smash Bros. Brawl, which I backed up years ago. It worked back then, so I assume that's not the problem. I'll check both of them later, when I have time to be sure. I have some other games so might as well give them a try too.
Yes, I used the Backup Manager and the correct port.

Using the loader IOS 58 is also something I've tried yesterday, 249 is default I think. I'll just try that again for good luck.

Thanks for your help, knowing my cios are fine makes things a little easier.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi Alexander,

I've tried Worms: Battle Islands and also Smash Bros. Brawl, which I backed up years ago. It worked back then, so I assume that's not the problem. I'll check both of them later, when I have time to be sure. I have some other games so might as well give them a try too.
Yes, I used the Backup Manager and the correct port.

Using the loader IOS 58 is also something I've tried yesterday, 249 is default I think. I'll just try that again for good luck.

Thanks for your help, knowing my cios are fine makes things a little easier.

Thank you.:)

You choosed two "not so easy" Games for the First Try.:D

- Smash Bros. Brawl is maybe an "Transfer" Issue,please check that you only removed the UPDATE Partition when you use the WiiBackup Manager.And please also look at the Size,it should have around 6,75 Gb.

- Worms Battle Island --> maybe this helps: https://gbatemp.net/threads/spongebobs-boating-bash-ntsc-on-wiiflow.381920/#post-8761854
(I will try it again to see if something changed).

EDIT: The NTSC Version works on the PAL Wii (USBLoader GX v3.0 r1272 on IOS 58) without Settings Change.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: alertkurt

alertkurt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

You choosed two "not so easy" Games for the First Try.:D

- Smash Bros. Brawl is maybe an "Transfer" Issue,please check that you only removed the UPDATE Partition when you use the WiiBackup Manager.And please also look at the Size,it should have around 6,75 Gb.

- Worms Battle Island --> maybe this helps: ---
(I will try it again to see if something changed).

EDIT: The NTSC Version works on the PAL Wii (USBLoader GX v3.0 r1272 on IOS 58) without Settings Change.:)

Thank you.
I got it to work with brawl! It's the only md5 that was correct. My HDD is initialized now and Backing up with USB Loader GX works. I also tried with Animal Crossing and it works well.

Thank you for your help, Alexander.

Edit: Worms also works with the specific settings from that other thread! :)

Last edited by alertkurt,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: