Hacking HD question for WiiU and VWii

TheInsaneDarkOne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey there guys! Ok, will try to resume things up here for the sake of post´s size

I hacked my WiiU last month and put all my DVD games into the External HD using USB helper, so far so good, things are working wonders with the WiiU

Now, I wanna advance in hacking the VWii, I have everything needed, will use the tutorials here and I´m mostly aiming for the GC emulation via Nintendont, the only thing is, can I use the same external HD I use on WiiU, or, even for the matter, the same HD I use on my original Wii?

I have the folder "games" there already working and, wanna know if it´s possible to read it on WiiU somehow or, if I´m gonna need a new HD just for that

Again, aiming on the gamecube games here, cause I guess loading the Wii games via homebrew must require the HD to be on an specific format and, for that, I have the original Wii and its games

Just need this help to see what I can do, many thanks in advance for all the clarification!

D

Deleted User

You must hide USB HDD from Wii U using UStealth.
Then you can safely plug it in without any format nags in Wii U menu. You will be unable to use it in Wii U mode. To make it read, you need USB Loader GX or Nintendont and to actually be in vWii mode.

TheInsaneDarkOne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm.. wasn´t aware of this program, thanks there, will take a look on how it works

So, just to be sure, you say this works for using the original HD I use in my Wii console right? Also, I need an Y cable or external power source for this one too? (like the WiiU does) or it´s a simple plug and play in this case?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: