HD question for WiiU and VWii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TheInsaneDarkOne, Apr 27, 2017.

1. TheInsaneDarkOne
    OP

TheInsaneDarkOne Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    Brazil
    Hey there guys! Ok, will try to resume things up here for the sake of post´s size

I hacked my WiiU last month and put all my DVD games into the External HD using USB helper, so far so good, things are working wonders with the WiiU

Now, I wanna advance in hacking the VWii, I have everything needed, will use the tutorials here and I´m mostly aiming for the GC emulation via Nintendont, the only thing is, can I use the same external HD I use on WiiU, or, even for the matter, the same HD I use on my original Wii?

I have the folder "games" there already working and, wanna know if it´s possible to read it on WiiU somehow or, if I´m gonna need a new HD just for that

Again, aiming on the gamecube games here, cause I guess loading the Wii games via homebrew must require the HD to be on an specific format and, for that, I have the original Wii and its games

Just need this help to see what I can do, many thanks in advance for all the clarification!

2. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    You must hide USB HDD from Wii U using UStealth.
    Then you can safely plug it in without any format nags in Wii U menu. You will be unable to use it in Wii U mode. To make it read, you need USB Loader GX or Nintendont and to actually be in vWii mode.

3. TheInsaneDarkOne
    OP

TheInsaneDarkOne Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    Brazil
    Hmm.. wasn´t aware of this program, thanks there, will take a look on how it works

So, just to be sure, you say this works for using the original HD I use in my Wii console right? Also, I need an Y cable or external power source for this one too? (like the WiiU does) or it´s a simple plug and play in this case?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice