HD Box Pro or Vdigi Wii cable ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by ravihpa, Aug 20, 2009.

Aug 20, 2009
  1. ravihpa
    OP

Member ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

India
    Hi guys,

I've been doing a whole lot of research about how to connect my Wii to my LCD Monitor, and I've narrowed it down to 2 options. The HD Box Pro or the Vdigi Wii cable. I want your suggestion. I have a Dell 24" S2409 (16:9) Full HD Monitor, and I am interested in playing my Wii on it. I know Vdigi only does 480p, and that in HD Box Pro, I'll have the benefit of playing 480i games (GC, VC, and WiiWare), but I read that the picture quality of Vdigi cable is better than HD Box Pro when it comes to displaying 480p games. Is that true ? If yes, then is it noticeable ?

So all in all, what would your recommend me ? Any suggestion in this regards will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx a lot in advance. Desperately waiting for a reply [​IMG]

2. Screemer

Member Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    where have you read about the better picture quality of the vdigi cable? never heard about that. the box has the best picture quality in that pricerange as far as i know. in my eyes you should go with thehd box pro for sure. the vdigi cable has no scaler or deinterlacer and it's only dedicated for the wii with no other input options. plus you can forget about some vc games which only output 480i and docents of gc games. nearly $40 if you can get much more value for a little bit more? in my opinion it sucks really bad.

3. ravihpa
    OP

India
    Hey there,

Thanx a lot for your reply, but I ended up getting something else (mentioned below) for under $8 US (400 bucks my currency).

A Component to VGA cable.
    [​IMG]

VGA female to female gender changer.
    [​IMG]

and finally I bought 3 of these golden ones (RCA female to female coupler)....

[​IMG]

All I had to do was connect my Wii component cable to the "Component to VGA" cable using the RCA female to female couplers and then connect that to my Dell Monitor's Analog cable using the "VGA female to female gender changer" [​IMG] and there you go....Nintendo Wii @ 480p in all it's glory [​IMG]

Well, it's not as good as my Xbox 360 @ 1080p, but I now have the privilege of playing my Wii on my Dell S2409 24" Full HD Monitor [​IMG] I also checked out a few 480i games like Madworld, and they worked [​IMG] My monitor showed it all up PERFECTLY!!! Clearly stated it was running at 480i [​IMG]

4. Screemer

Member Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    it seems you have one of the few lcds which can display 480i.

5. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] The pic of the back of the VGA gender changer, isn't the back - the pic of the front has just been flipped! Look at the writing on it... [​IMG]

T...

6. ravihpa
    OP

India
    Lol [​IMG]