Hardware HD Box Pro or Vdigi Wii cable ?

GaaraPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi guys,

I've been doing a whole lot of research about how to connect my Wii to my LCD Monitor, and I've narrowed it down to 2 options. The HD Box Pro or the Vdigi Wii cable. I want your suggestion. I have a Dell 24" S2409 (16:9) Full HD Monitor, and I am interested in playing my Wii on it. I know Vdigi only does 480p, and that in HD Box Pro, I'll have the benefit of playing 480i games (GC, VC, and WiiWare), but I read that the picture quality of Vdigi cable is better than HD Box Pro when it comes to displaying 480p games. Is that true ? If yes, then is it noticeable ?

So all in all, what would your recommend me ? Any suggestion in this regards will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx a lot in advance. Desperately waiting for a reply
smile.gif

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
where have you read about the better picture quality of the vdigi cable? never heard about that. the box has the best picture quality in that pricerange as far as i know. in my eyes you should go with thehd box pro for sure. the vdigi cable has no scaler or deinterlacer and it's only dedicated for the wii with no other input options. plus you can forget about some vc games which only output 480i and docents of gc games. nearly $40 if you can get much more value for a little bit more? in my opinion it sucks really bad.

GaaraPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Screemer said:
where have you read about the better picture quality of the vdigi cable? never heard about that. the box has the best picture quality in that pricerange as far as i know. in my eyes you should go with thehd box pro for sure. the vdigi cable has no scaler or deinterlacer and it's only dedicated for the wii with no other input options. plus you can forget about some vc games which only output 480i and docents of gc games. nearly $40 if you can get much more value for a little bit more? in my opinion it sucks really bad.

Hey there,

Thanx a lot for your reply, but I ended up getting something else (mentioned below) for under $8 US (400 bucks my currency).

A Component to VGA cable.
Component_VGA_RCA.jpg

VGA female to female gender changer.
VGA_Gender_Changer_Female_to_Female_HD15_DSub.jpg

and finally I bought 3 of these golden ones (RCA female to female coupler)....

369837.jpg

All I had to do was connect my Wii component cable to the "Component to VGA" cable using the RCA female to female couplers and then connect that to my Dell Monitor's Analog cable using the "VGA female to female gender changer"
smile.gif
and there you go....Nintendo Wii @ 480p in all it's glory
biggrin.gif

Well, it's not as good as my Xbox 360 @ 1080p, but I now have the privilege of playing my Wii on my Dell S2409 24" Full HD Monitor
smile.gif
I also checked out a few 480i games like Madworld, and they worked
biggrin.gif
My monitor showed it all up PERFECTLY!!! Clearly stated it was running at 480i
smile.gif

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
laugh.gif
The pic of the back of the VGA gender changer, isn't the back - the pic of the front has just been flipped! Look at the writing on it...
rolleyes.gif

T...

GaaraPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Screemer said:
it seems you have one of the view lcds which can display 480i.

Thanx
smile.gif

QUOTE(Thoob @ Aug 24 2009, 08:48 PM)
laugh.gif
The pic of the back of the VGA gender changer, isn't the back - the pic of the front has just been flipped! Look at the writing on it...
rolleyes.gif

T...

Lol
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: