PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
While this is amazing that we have achieved userland homebrew this fast, I have only one question...
WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY BLUE WAVES IN THE BACKGROUND?

Retinal_FAILURE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys you need to make sure that whatever you put in DNS 1 also needs to be in DNS 2. if DNS 1 fails then the switch could go online using the empty DNS 2. seriously read up before just installing things.
I think this is the only thing that needs to be in this thread under OP, but I'm still trying.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
While this is amazing that we have achieved userland homebrew this fast, I have only one question...
WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY BLUE WAVES IN THE BACKGROUND?
and we need some sort of tune in the bg.
some people might like red waves as this is the switch colors in a way.

but i would prefer blue.
and we need bubbles floating in the bg as well.

Reactions: PrincessLillie

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working fine, now I'm trying to change the background a bit. And for all who can't compile the example nro's (or are just too dumb for it), you can download my attached file and test it for yourself.

28175667_1579750505427505_602386632_n.jpg

Attachments

• Switch example nro's.zip
    401.1 KB · Views: 262

xdaneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not working for me. console is on 3.0.0. first time I tried installing this, it prompted me with some error message, but not the 2000-1337 one. followed all the steps, didn't get it to work, it crashed when I openend the album.
So i reset the console and tried installing it again several times. now it gets stuck in the pegaswitch screen without any error messages, and when I try to go back the console freezes.
well. atm I'm thinking about just selling this console, maybe homebrew isn't for me.
I'd suggest you to wait nonetheless till they fix out the problems

Last edited by xdaneo,

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
not working for me. console is on 3.0.0. first time I tried installing this, it prompted me with some error message, but not the 2000-1337 one. followed all the steps, didn't get it to work, it crashed when I openend the album.
So i reset the console and tried installing it again several times. now it gets stuck in the pegaswitch screen without any error messages, and when I try to go back the console freezes.
well. atm I'm thinking about just selling this console, maybe homebrew isn't for me.
I'd suggest you to wait nonetheless till they fix out the problems
Same problem here...
The "install" PegaSwitch screen does nothing at all.

Alklas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Working fine, now I'm trying to change the background a bit. And for all who can't compile the example nro's (or are just too dumb for it), you can download my attached file and test it for yourself.

View attachment 114775

Can you test playtone and confirm that undocked and without power, it works fine ?
( no sound on my switch, i built the nro by myself)

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why are you always so pessimistic in these threads? Its pretty simple so I'll bullet point to maybe increase your excitement by 1

Switchbrew and reswitched worked together to get basic code exec
Switchbrew just got us hbl on 3.0.0, and has a version that can be run on any firmware via kernelhax (which will come into play in a later bullet point)
Reswitched got trustzone on anything up to current firmware (4.1.0), and is currently working on creating Atmosphere-nx cfw
Atmosphere will be able to make use of the kernelhax version to run homebrew on any firmware with cfw access

In simple terms, it seems switchbrew is focused more on perfecting 3.0.0 hbl right now (at least what they plan on sharing publicly) while reswitched in currently interested on getting homebrew on as many devices as possible and on future firmware. Mostly so SciresM can have homebrew and pokemon to hack.
Because he's the one that told everybody to update and play their mario game :P

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
This release is messy, doesnt work half of the time, has no documentation - doesnt come with proof of concept.. Doesnt work.

Harsh words, let me explain.

First time I just used the provided compiled .nro and went through the steps, the HBL launched - everything seemed fine.

- Then I got inconsistent behavior on the run step. Sometimes the HBL would launch afterwards, sometimes not (Album launched normally). Sometimes the Switch would crash.
- This would happen after a reboot as well.
- Trying to "reinstall" the hack would sometimes work (1337), sometimes not (different error message) - after that I would sometimes be able to launch HBL, sometimes not.
- Trying to put .nro's in a folder called switch in root - wouldnt make them show up. Reinstalling the hack, and rerunning it would not make them show up either.
- Trying the same with a folder called /switch (why the / for gods sake?) wouldnt work either.
- When install worked, there is a Mii data corrupted and deleted message upon relaunch, thats not mentioned anywhere - right now, so much for documentation.

- There is no documentation what the install step does.
- There is no documentation what the run step does.
- There isnt even a proof of concept .nro bundled with the release, so guess what the first step of everyone that installed the HBL will be eventually (look on the net for any .nro to launch)
- libtransistor (emulators) support is "being resolved" *slowclap*

SD Card used was a Sasmsung 32gb, freshly formated to FAT32.

Happy monday.

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto