Discussion [HBG/SHOP] The new FreeShop for the Nintendo Switch [Discussion Thread]

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by MK7Hax1811, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Goma1337

Goma1337 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2016
    Brazil
    I mean, even if these simple solutions to prevent a ban didn't exist, being banned is surely a small price to pay for HBGshop.

terraplen likes this.
  2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    "Going online" usually implies using Nintendo's online services. I assume that is what he meant.
    But yeah, it is completely safe to go online in sysNAND if you keep all your CFW and homebrew activity on an Incognito patched or offline emuNAND. Which is something a lot of people don't seem to realize is even possible.

3. komabear

komabear Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Hi everyone,
    After installing the hbgshop, I can't seem to access the HBL anymore. I've tried holding R and launching a game, holding L and launching a game, launching the album app, launching it holding R, but it always loads either the games or the photo app.
    I've checked the loader.ini file but it seems good..

[hbl_config]
    title_id=010000000000100D
    override_any_app=true
    path=atmosphere/hbl.nsp
    override_key=R

[default_config]
    override_key=!L
    cheat_enable_key=!L

What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks

4. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    You probably installed Blawar's bullshit from the atmosphere folder.

Reinstall your atmosphere/kosmos and try again. For the current version of hbg you don't need anything but what is in the switch/tinfoil folder (and the usual sigpatches available elsewhere)

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Nov 3, 2019
    MushGuy, falcorr and komabear like this.
  5. komabear

komabear Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Nice, now it worked. Thanks!

6. sbaq

sbaq Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2007
    United States
    Hello anybody can tel me what i really need for the hbg Shop to work without Bloatware (Mercury, Rebbot etc.) im on SX OS 2.9.2. THX

7. Prior22

Prior22 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    Any particular reason you can’t update hbg via the app itself, as opposed to having to downloading the update to a computer and transferring to the sd card?

8. Zkajavier

Zkajavier Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Costa Rica
    You can update it using Mercury.

Prior22 likes this.
  9. Vultix93

Vultix93 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2014
    Italy
    I can't seem to make this thing work. I select an update, then the update stays in the queued status indefinitely with a speed of 0.0 MB/s or when I select the links awakening update the app just straight up crashes. Any tips?

10. Prior22

Prior22 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    How? When I open mercury I just see the apps I already have installed.

11. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    just copy switch/tinfoil, nothing else
    since 6.0.1 an in-app updater is built-in. Find it under "options". It works fine. If it seemingly freezes when you try it, wait for half a minute, progress bar will appear eventually
    useless and unnecessary. Mercury needs to be boycotted anyway

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

reboot your console

Condemned87 likes this.
  12. terraplen

terraplen Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2019
    Brazil
    i had a good laugh reading the comments from the first three pages of this thread. "Dead by last night", "no more updates or dlc", "hbg has killed the scene"
    funny how things turned out

Digi_Ohhh and Staark like this.
  13. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Regular ego-fuelled stress and drama? Yeah, hilarious.

14. terraplen

terraplen Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2019
    Brazil
    you were so wrong about everything you said lol
    what does it feel like?

Digi_Ohhh likes this.
  15. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    You know when you don't feel anything at all about something? It feels pretty much like that.
    I'm glad you're happy with the situation, but those of us who work to spread some of the joy around so everyone can access it, still miss the good old days when there was no nonsense and everyone worked together to achieve the common goal, rather than the modern times where egotistical bigots love to gatekeep. E.g. the other day rather than talk to me about something he didn't like, a certain blawar who shall remain nameless instead decided to make unrealistic threats to one of my fellow admins behind my back to do things that would inconvenience the whole scene, because of his assumptions about something I'd done/my reasons for doing so. In actual fact I'd done literally nothing.

Last edited by hippy dave, Nov 13, 2019
  16. terraplen

terraplen Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2019
    Brazil
    i don't know who blawar is or how hes related to what you claimed in your previous posts
    you said hbgshop killed the scene and that there would be no more games, dlc and updates because of it
    we've never had this many games, dlc and updates before. and everything can be obtained for free through an app
    you were wrong

Digi_Ohhh likes this.
  17. 0x3000027E

0x3000027E GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2018
    United States
    Hmmm...Alt account? :ph34r:

18. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Co's VGM Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Justinde75 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    West City
    /Hgb/ community is horrible

Switch_Maniac and hippy dave like this.
  19. ZeroFX

ZeroFX Eh. What?

Jun 18, 2018
    Japan
    Some place in
    This never happened, something like that maybe, everyone prioritize its personal goals behind the scenes, theres just a time (now) that it becomes evident and cant be hidden.

Say that iT kIlLeD tHa sCeNe was nonsense even for that time, where everyone was fuzzing, the old and easy way to obtain the games is dead (now maintain a freeshop app is complicated asf, because you have to clone drives, have multiple gdrives etc), nintendo eventually killed the "easy way" for good, but thanks to that a lot of innovation was brought to tHa ScEnE, like nsz.

like every community, but some gives more freedom to the users, some are more strict.

Last edited by ZeroFX, Nov 14, 2019
  20. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    How can you be part of anything switch Piracy related and not know who blawar is
    I'll throw you a few keywords here. Tinfoil, SX installer, nsz, anti atmosphere drm

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted