Homebrew Discussion [HBG/SHOP] The new FreeShop for the Nintendo Switch [Discussion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AteThePrincess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I haven't used HBG Shop in a few weeks, but now that I'm trying it doesn't show any games/updates/dlc any more. I updated both HBG Shop and Tinfoil, but no dice. What changed in the past few weeks/how do I properly get up to speed to fix it?

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I haven't used HBG Shop in a few weeks, but now that I'm trying it doesn't show any games/updates/dlc any more. I updated both HBG Shop and Tinfoil, but no dice. What changed in the past few weeks/how do I properly get up to speed to fix it?

check console, ensure your date/time is correct.

Blackspoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
goto settings -> date & time -> turn off sync with internet -> manually set date / time

I had the same problem. Changing this option solved the issue. I had "network error: " in the tinfoil console with no detailed message what was wrong until I changed it.

But why does a network socket relay on time synchronization? I´m just wondering because both things should be independent of each other or miss I something?

Last edited by Blackspoon,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem. Changing this option solved the issue. I had "network error: " in the tinfoil console with no detailed message what was wrong until I changed it.

But why does a network socket relay on time synchronization? I´m just wondering because both things should be independent of each other or miss I something?

incorrect date breaks SSL, because ssl certificates only good for specific date ranges -- if your clock is reporting a date outside of that range, the SSL cert is no good and the SSL connection will fail.

Reactions: panckage

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

sys64738

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If i delete a game and i will reinstall, the game shows in new games section, but the update for the game showing not in new updates.
Even if i restart HBG.

NotACat

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hello, after a while I realize my free space shown in HBG and in Goldleaf/System data manager is different. Like I have 40,2 GB free space in hbg but it's 37,45 GB in data manager (37,45GB is the true free space). Is this an issue?
I'm using Atmosphere 0.9.3, Emunand on SD partition, FAT32 128gb SDcard, and I did have some failed installations - hbg hung/freeze so I forced to close it

Last edited by NotACat,

drgnslayers

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone know why nothing appears in "new games" plz help!
look in page 11 of this thread. you may need to sync the time. again, you should read this thread to understand what I meant. You may be using 90DNS, which is incompatible with HBG. Or, you may be in the same situation as I once was. You didn't have any theme folder in the tinfoil or lithium folder or you didn't have any themes in the themes folder of the tinfoil or lithium folder

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, after a while I realize my free space shown in HBG and in Goldleaf/System data manager is different. Like I have 40,2 GB free space in hbg but it's 37,45 GB in data manager (37,45GB is the true free space). Is this an issue?
I'm using Atmosphere 0.9.3, Emunand on SD partition, FAT32 128gb SDcard, and I did have some failed installations - hbg hung/freeze so I forced to close it

Short answer: Common programs, including Windows, system BIOS and some old versions of MacOS, use the binary number system, where 1 GB amounts to 1024 MBs, rather than 1000 MBs, which leads to this anomaly in storage devices.

https://www.scienceabc.com/innovati...ss-space-than-advertised-when-plugged-in.html

The exact difference is:
1,000,000,000 bytes per gigabyte is used on HBG, and 1,073,741,824 bytes per gigabyte is used on windows/HOS/other homebrew.

Personally, I think it should be changed just for "compliance" and everything matching but the devs don't seem to care.

Last edited by JonJaded,

NotACat

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Short answer: Common programs, including Windows, system BIOS and some old versions of MacOS, use the binary number system, where 1 GB amounts to 1024 MBs, rather than 1000 MBs, which leads to this anomaly in storage devices.

https://www.scienceabc.com/innovati...ss-space-than-advertised-when-plugged-in.html

The exact difference is:
1,000,000,000 bytes per gigabyte is used on HBG, and 1,073,741,824 bytes per gigabyte is used on windows/HOS/other homebrew.

Personally, I think it should be changed just for "compliance" and everything matching but the devs don't seem to care.
Actually it was fixed when I reinstall those games that made my hbg freeze before and now storage differences is minimal (like 1,1 gb vs 1,2 gb)

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it was fixed when I reinstall those games that made my hbg freeze before and now storage differences is minimal (like 1,1 gb vs 1,2 gb)

That's because the lower space that you have, the lower the spatial discrepancy.

PippoFrank

Trophies
XP
Country
Burundi
Hi guys, this is my first message on this thread. I did everything following the instructions of various guides and I've successfully installed the homebrew and everything. The problem is with the HBG shop. I get the same errors of various people (Out of memory, atmosphere crash, failed ticket...) of this thread so i've tried to sum them up.

Lots of people tried to solve them with various tips so correct me if I'm wrong.
1-Network Error. If the logs display something like this then you clock is setted up automatically on the internet. So you must setup the time manually.
I also noticed the region. For examble if you live un France you must change the region to FR otherwise you will still get the network error (correct me if i'm wrong, this is my conclusion)
2-Dont use 90dns. Of this one i'm not certain, there are people that says that it works fine, other dont.
In any case use Incognito.
3-Verify if the sigpatches are updated
4-Install the acid patches. Ok I don't know what they do, but some guys said that they could've worked
5-If it says that there aren't themes on the homebrew or something like that simply install them from the homebrew app store

So, what of these tips work and which one won't do anything? I'm not at home in these days so please don't say something like "Why won't you try all of these?".
Thank you in advance

P.s. Another thing that i saw is that to download some of the first party games you must create an account at the hbg shop directly from the switch? Is it true?

r3nfolly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, first time posting.

I always used the tinfoil hbg, but after the discussion about the last atmosphere update crashing tinfoil, I´m can´t see any new game or update.
Already checked the time/hour, reinstalled, what I´m doing wrong? it´s working for anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM