acesniper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've read all the treads about the HBC being upside down, but my problem is a little different. I know that installing an untouched IOS36 will cure the problem, but this is where my dilemma begins. I need to have the "cIOS36 rev14 DIP" from CIOSCORP in order to run Mario Kart. However, installing "cIOS36 rev14 DIP" will cause the HBC to flip upside down. I know that some people have the HBC use IOS 60/61 and now my question is, Is there and way for the HBC to use IOS 60/61 instead of IOS 36?

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Be sure to check which IOS the HBC is installed under. Press "HOME" while in the HBC and it'll come up in the top right corner. Once you know which IOS it is, install that untouch IOS.

BTW, cIOS with different revisions uses different IOSes. cIOS rev3 is 37, cIOS rev8 is 36 and cIOS rev14 is 38 (as examples). When these are installed they are all installed as IOS249.

And, what? The HBC is up to 1.0.6 already??

Okay...

acesniper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I checked that HBC 1.0.6 uses IOS 36. Mario Kart Wii also uses IOS 36, but I installed a patched version of IOS 36 from CIOSCORP inorder to make it boot from the Disc Channel. This makes the HBC flip.

But, I know that some people have their HBC use IOS 61. How can I make my HBC use IOS 61 so I can boot Mario Kart Wii from the Disc Channel and have a normal HBC?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
acesniper said:
Yes, I checked that HBC 1.0.6 uses IOS 36. Mario Kart Wii also uses IOS 36, but I installed a patched version of IOS 36 from CIOSCORP inorder to make it boot from the Disc Channel. This makes the HBC flip.

But, I know that some people have their HBC use IOS 61. How can I make my HBC use IOS 61 so I can boot Mario Kart Wii from the Disc Channel and have a normal HBC?
for some people its IOS36 and for other IOS61,

idk i think it has to do with the firmware. what are you on?

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I installed it using Hackmii .6, I'm on Firmware 4.2U with IOS249 cIOS38 rev14 and trucha and ES identified IOS60 and 70, using preloader with many hacks autoboot to system menu on IOS70 (.29, not JODI patched).

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have a wii 4.1 and another on 4.2 and they both have hbc running off IOS61.

i wonder what causes some hbc's to still off IOS36

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'round and 'round the same conversations go,
where's the SEARCH? Newbies don't know!!!!
wacko.gif

The installer looks around for the best exploit to use to install stuff. The best one out there (in the eyes of the DEVs, who know a lot more than I do) for the HBC is in IOS61 so it looks there FIRST. If the installer doesn't recognize the IOS or the wrong information is at a certain offset in the file (because of a trucha patch or any mod) then it will continue looking for the next exploit in it's list. IOS36 seems to be next in line for homebrew channel, while an original (THE original) IOS30 seems to be favored by the hackmii installer as a whole.

Long story short (as told over and over again): Install the old IOS30 (press "-" in DoP-IOS) and the hackmii installer will not yell at you for having no vulnerable IOSs. Install IOS61 without any patch, then uninstalling and reinstalling HBC will cause HBC to use IOS61 AND not be upside down.
lecture.gif

acesniper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think that urherenow's suggestion is correct. I've just got to tinker with the settings to get CIOSCORP and HBC to work properly. Thanks.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
'round and 'round the same conversations go,
where's the SEARCH? Newbies don't know!!!!
wacko.gif

The installer looks around for the best exploit to use to install stuff. The best one out there (in the eyes of the DEVs, who know a lot more than I do) for the HBC is in IOS61 so it looks there FIRST. If the installer doesn't recognize the IOS or the wrong information is at a certain offset in the file (because of a trucha patch or any mod) then it will continue looking for the next exploit in it's list. IOS36 seems to be next in line for homebrew channel, while an original (THE original) IOS30 seems to be favored by the hackmii installer as a whole.

Long story short (as told over and over again): Install the old IOS30 (press "-" in DoP-IOS) and the hackmii installer will not yell at you for having no vulnerable IOSs. Install IOS61 without any patch, then uninstalling and reinstalling HBC will cause HBC to use IOS61 AND not be upside down.
lecture.gif
ahaha this is the only thread without a newbie posting in it, but thanks for droppin the knowledge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit