HBC not working properly

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by spritefreak, Aug 29, 2009.

Aug 29, 2009
  1. spritefreak
    OP

Member spritefreak GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am trying to update my wii from 3.2 to 4.1, so I started with installing BootMii as boot2. I seem to have done it properly, but I am having trouble with the homebrew channel. Everytime I go to the channel, it never sees the apps folder on my SD card. I updated from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3. Since I have a wireless router, it asked me when I first opened the homebrew channel if I wanted to update to 1.0.3. So I said yes. Then when installing BootMii I installed the HBC again....and now it isn't working.

Also, I want to try doing the update from files on my SD card, but the folders aren't showing up in the HBC. I press start and it goes to the screen where the options would appear, but nothing shows.

Any suggestions?

2. ACK06

Newcomer ACK06 Member

United States
    I've never encountered a broken HBC before, but I'd suggest running BootMii installer again. If you're having trouble having apps show up on the list, make sure you've run through the HBC readme -- it's a pretty specific directory tree. (Are you sure you have a "boot.dol/boot.elf"?)

And if you have wireless access, you shouldn't need to update using your SD card. Use Waninkoko's Updater.

3. spritefreak
    OP

Member spritefreak GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I can't run the bootMii again because it isn't showing up on the HBC

4. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    use bannerbomb to reinstall the homebrew channel

5. ACK06

Newcomer ACK06 Member

United States
    Like I said, make sure you've thoroughly read through the HBC readme (to make sure that they're not showing up because of an error on your part). But if you're entirely sure, run Bannerbomb again to launch it.

6. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States