Hacking HBC not working properly

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to update my wii from 3.2 to 4.1, so I started with installing BootMii as boot2. I seem to have done it properly, but I am having trouble with the homebrew channel. Everytime I go to the channel, it never sees the apps folder on my SD card. I updated from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3. Since I have a wireless router, it asked me when I first opened the homebrew channel if I wanted to update to 1.0.3. So I said yes. Then when installing BootMii I installed the HBC again....and now it isn't working.

Also, I want to try doing the update from files on my SD card, but the folders aren't showing up in the HBC. I press start and it goes to the screen where the options would appear, but nothing shows.

Any suggestions?

ACK06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never encountered a broken HBC before, but I'd suggest running BootMii installer again. If you're having trouble having apps show up on the list, make sure you've run through the HBC readme -- it's a pretty specific directory tree. (Are you sure you have a "boot.dol/boot.elf"?)

And if you have wireless access, you shouldn't need to update using your SD card. Use Waninkoko's Updater.

ACK06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, make sure you've thoroughly read through the HBC readme (to make sure that they're not showing up because of an error on your part). But if you're entirely sure, run Bannerbomb again to launch it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/knyBygUiKLI?si=BkBsC-TZ4OrZoiPk