HBC & configurable freeze

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by dlf, Aug 12, 2010.

Aug 12, 2010

HBC & configurable freeze by dlf at 5:55 AM (1,968 Views / 0 Likes) 22 replies

1. dlf
    OP

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Might just because of my system coming with 4.2 preinstalled ( [​IMG] [​IMG] ) but as of a few minutes ago when I tried to run configurable it'd freeze but also the HBC would also slowdown / freeze as well. I can't seem to get the channel to read the 1 TB Western Digital My-Book I got today either -- weather it matters or not it has: 2 firewire ports (my computer has one as well), 1 USB port & one estata. I am quite sure my FAT 32 partition is set to active & primary. Any help?

Would it be possible to get a system menu version of pre 4.0 (but with SD menu capability) working on a SDHC or the HDD?

THANK YOU! [​IMG]

2. dlf
    OP

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think others here have had problems as well . . . is it 4.2 (or .3), our HDD, the HBC we have, or something else?

3. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    It could be that your HDD is not compatible, you could try if a USB stick also freeze.

Posts merged

It could be that your HDD is not compatible, you could try if a USB stick also freeze.

4. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    have u checked to see if your HDD has a sleep timer set for X amount of minutes?

5. dlf
    OP

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Doubt it's a sleep time, even if I star the Wii, go to the channel and connect the drive it is still unselectable. Don't know if it would work for 1.0.6 of the HBC and I don't think (though I am probably wrong) SD SNEEK allows for USB access nor do i have working UNEEK (working on that)

6. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    NUSAD from my signature can build a working SNEEK/UNEEK/SNEEK+DI/UNEEK+DI +build a NAND for it

but the new HBC has been said to not work for a lot of people, if u have access to the hackmii installer v0.6, I would try installing the JODI HBC v1.0.6 and see if that works

7. dlf
    OP

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Seems to have failed . . . I doubt the blue LED light of the Wii is supposed to blink after starting bootmii (HBC)

8. FIX94

Germany
    Try a different SD Card, not every SD Card is compatible. You could also try to reformat the card with a different sector size (I have read that 16KB or 32KB are needed)

9. dlf
    OP

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I HAVE a MicroSDHC card (8GB) for my DS lite (cyclo), but the card I am using is also SDHC (16 GB). I had a 2 GB SD card several months ago before it got stolen like my Wii

10. FIX94

Germany
    You could try uloader with hermes cIOS222 v5.

11. dlf
    OP

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    . . . . It seems I can boot into bootMii now but I can't seem to start the UNEEK. I think this is easier for SNEEK than UNEEK.

12. FIX94

Germany
    Just start the system menu, then UNEEK should start.

13. dlf
    OP

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Of the actual Wii (after booting bootmii)? . . . . . . . .After booting BM, I just get taken back to the Wii's physical system menu not UNEEK, I think I have UNEEK's @ 3.2. . I have it as an IOS because the Wii came with 4.2 preinstalled . . .

14. FIX94

Germany
    Start bootmii IOS and then the system menu from bootmii (press reset in bootmii).

15. dlf
    OP

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Now I just get taken to a blackscreen, no blinking blue LED light on the Wii, the front LED of the HDD just stays still. I sure I'm missing folders on the HDD:

s:\
    shared1
    SNEEK
    sys
    ticket
    title

This is too hard for USB. The Homebrew browser won't recognize the drive either, none of the emulators will either. HMM.

16. dlf
    OP

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'd probably rather get the drive working in emulators and the HBC than running SNEEK/UNEEK/(W/E)

17. trigger_ftu

Member trigger_ftu The FantomPhox

United States
    seems odd. i havn't ran into any issues. i just tried it with about 20 games on the usbloader (and yes it s cfg usbloader) and no issues.
    btw i am using the exact same hard drive you are using (split in half that is)

18. dlf
    OP

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I can run configurable again, but on the HBC, I can only select my SD card (SDHC that is) the drive has never 'shown up' and it won't work on any emulators ((S)NES, N64, Sega Genesis, GB(A|C), PS1 (?), etc).

19. trigger_ftu

Member trigger_ftu The FantomPhox

United States
    do you have a partition on the hard drive that's fat32? i've been tryin to find a good partition tool and so far none have been successful from turning it from NTFS to FAT32. (1/2 of my drive is WBFS the other well u know NTFS)

20. dlf
    OP

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Primary, active and is the first partition & yes it's FAT 32.