Hacking HBC 1.06, Preloader 0.30 & hacks - The complete updates saga!

melodical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so hbc 1.03 has been bugging me for a while as it keeps prompting me to update to 1.06 whenever i load up the hbc! I left it alone for a while because of the JODI issues!

When i boot into preloader 0.29 (reset&power on) it also is offering me the oppertunity to auto update from 0.29 to 0.30.

Can someone please clarify a few things for me as i have got a bit brain fried by the whole whether preloader 0.30 is compatible with hbc 1.06 and the whole JODI stuff and have never updated the hbc before as it was not neccessary!

Q1. Is it now ok to update hbc & bootmii to the versions listed above via the auto updaters?

Q2. Will i need to go hunt for the 0.30 PAL hacks textfile after install or will they update automatically when i auto update via preloader screen?

Q3. Will i need to switch from preloader to priiloader instead, or in the near future?

Q4. Also, in which order should i do the updates? I'm not %100 sure of this.

Should it be - update HBC > then update Bootmii > then update preloader 0.30 (correct order?)

I'm also on 4.1E with bootmii as boot2 if this helps and do not wish to goto 4.2 just yet!

Thanks,
unsure.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Should it be - update HBC > then update Bootmii > then update preloader 0.30 (correct order?)

that sounds about right.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Q1. Is it now ok to update hbc & bootmii to the versions listed above via the auto updaters?
Yes, it's an update from Team Twiizers, trust them.

Q2. Will i need to go hunt for the 0.30 PAL hacks textfile after install or will they update automatically when i auto update via preloader screen?
The auto update for preloader does not work. da_letter_a made a universal hacks.ini for all 4.1 for 4.2 regions found here
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/sy...acks/priiloader

Q3. Will i need to switch from preloader to priiloader instead, or in the near future?
preloader .30 rev 4 is probably the most stable out so far. but priiloader is newer. update with the .dol files.

Q4. Also, in which order should i do the updates? I'm not %100 sure of this.
the way you listed.

melodical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks again xzxero, for your quick and very usefull responses to my questions.

For future reference....................................

((((Q3. Will i need to switch from preloader to priiloader instead, or in the near future?
preloader .30 rev 4 is probably the most stable out so far. but priiloader is newer. update with the .dol files.))))

Is the .dol you mentioned region specific to your knowledge? I run the .dol from hbc, is this correct?

Do you need to remove preloader before installing priiloader, or do i just install over the top of it? (If ever i need to in the future!)

Also in response to question 2: Are you also saying that i use the link you provided to use the priiloader hacks file for preloader 0.30
i.e Priiloader Hacks: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nnoqm1o0tdm

Lastly, if i update hbc & preloader, do i also have to update dvdx, or is this fine left alone?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153