1. 10,706

Front-page
    ppppp.png

Combining fixes and changes over the course of the past four years is the latest stable update to the popular PlayStation 2 emulator PCSX2. The development team has just released version 1.6.0, which comes with a whole host of new things to go over. As seen in the changelog, 1.6.0 is comprised of multiple quarterly updates made starting back in 2016, and all the way up until now in 2020. Such highlights include improving DPI scaling, TAS functionality, PSX memory card support, and so much more, each detail of which is shown in the massive list below. At the time of writing, it's available via package installer or binary on Windows, or can be compiled from source for Linux users.

:arrow: Source

2. Discussion (76 replies)

3. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    if only my pc could run it

Tarmfot and x65943 like this.
  4. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.
    Global Moderator

United States
    You got a weird operating system or just a really old PC?

It's a very old emulator

5. 64bitmodels

United States
    new laptop, crappy specs

Sumasuun and Silent_Gunner like this.
  6. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I love this emulator because I can preserve my PS2 for much longer... also the games play in HD once you mess with the settings. It's such a pain to use Winhip and connect the IDE adapter to the IDE HDD this is much better I havent really dabbled in playing the games via SMB

Psionic Roshambo and bundangdon like this.
  7. x65943

Global Moderator

United States
    If it's newish and has a processor made by Intel in the last few years, you should be golden

EvilMakiPR likes this.
  8. 64bitmodels

United States
    Dude it's intel hd and a 1.04 4 core ghz cpu, this thing aint runnin ps2 anytime soon

9. TunaKetchup

TunaKetchup GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Vietnam
    DUDE

10. 64bitmodels

United States
    yeah i know it's weak

11. Goku1992A

United States
    @64bitmodels I highly recommend a Dell G3 I had bought mines last year when it was on sale for $600. I'm not the greatest PC expert in the world or build PC's but I do know that model can play this current gen graphics in 4K (like a Xbox One X) and I tested all the emulators (PS2/Wii/Wii U/ PS3) and they work well. If you have the $$$ I highly recommend

12. 64bitmodels

United States
    Maybe on black friday

13. E1ite007

E1ite007 Weird avatar guy

Mexico
    Eh, not exactly, The GPU is the lowest end from NVIDIA in late 2016, and the CPU is from the middle tier of the 8th gen of i5 processors. The RAM is kind of in the middle of PC specs, it's not the recommended amount in latest games anymore, but since a pretty short time. For ex: Red Dead Redemption 2 isn't going to run in 4K at Medium settings in solid 30 FPS, but it can play it on Low settings at 1080p at 80 FPS. But I mean, even for my PC (that I'm complainin' as if I have the best PC specs on the world in my desktop) it could be an upgrade.
    I see that you have this laptop, and for the price it's pretty good, but it's not any console killer neither slepper PC on a budget.

Last edited by E1ite007, May 8, 2020
  14. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    If it's any kind of modern CPU made in the last 4 years, it's definitely possible PCSX2 will run just fine. Modern CPUs have great single threaded performance, even at low clock speeds they can sometimes match older high end CPUs. And Intel's integrated graphics have gotten quite useable, even with their low spec CPUs. Especially for something like PCSX2, which doesn't require much GPU power to begin with.

What CPU exactly do you have?

Mr. Looigi and x65943 like this.
  15. 64bitmodels

United States
    Processor Intel(R) Atom(TM) x5-E8000 CPU @ 1.04GHz, 1041 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

16. Tomobobo

Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    Dang I thought it might finally fix black sky in burnout 3 cause this has been an issue forever but no.

17. Goku1992A

United States
    Well for me the price I paid for it was pretty good. All the current gen games I can play with no problem I compared it with my PS4 and my Xbox One S. But then again I don't have a 4K TV so I never tested the (4K) but you are right it does struggle when I try to play in high settings I noticed that so I keep them in medium. I do wish I held out in buying a better version but then again I don't wanna spend $1000 on a laptop. I'm confident it can play this gen fine but as for next gen it won't be playing those games.

E1ite007 likes this.
  18. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    Took them long enough. Let me guess, every game still needs a look up to the PCSX2 Wiki to get it to run correctly?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Zense likes this.
  19. Pikm

Pikm GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Research before you buy something. Lenovo makes a $350 laptop with a 2.0+Ghz Ryzen processor, which could easily run PCSX2.

Xabring, RedoLane, DuoForce and 3 others like this.
  20. elrayo

elrayo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Cote d'Ivoire
    I wonder if this new version is gonna run Black better

21. x65943

Global Moderator

United States
    Honestly guys, since this version is just a culmination of 4 years of betas - unless you have been using the last official build, you should notice almost no difference between this and the betas you have been using

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PlayStation, emulator, updated