Hacking HBC 1.0.3 ¿ya or nay?

yahmegaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im on 3.2u with ver. HBC 1.0.2 right now. should I update my HBC? I want to load bootmii when im on HBC (press home button) sometimes instead of turning off the Wii and on again. also i've heard that ppl have problems with 1.0.3 like errors and stuff. Thanks.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
With 1.0.3 you can launch bootmii.

Other changes:
QUOTE said:
Changelog

* SDHC cards are working again
* SD performance has been increased again (regression was introduced in v1.0.2)
* HBC works on all system menu versions now (stock 3.3 post Oct 23 has issues)
* Fixed rare hangs when exiting HBC
* Translation added for "Launch BootMii" button

yahmegaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HiBit said:
With 1.0.3 you can launch bootmii.

Other changes:
QUOTE said:
Changelog

* SDHC cards are working again
* SD performance has been increased again (regression was introduced in v1.0.2)
* HBC works on all system menu versions now (stock 3.3 post Oct 23 has issues)
* Fixed rare hangs when exiting HBC
* Translation added for "Launch BootMii" button

so where you leaning at ya HiBit?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No version of HBC can launch boot2 BootMii, it can only launch IOS, and seeing as you have to turn off and on again, you have boot2, so you'll still have to do that. But still, there is no reason NOT to update. Don't be stupid, why would you NOT want the latest version?

yahmegaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys! i updated HBC to 1.0.3 and also installed bootmii ios, i only really want is to load bootmii from HBC instead of turning off and on the wii.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yahmegaman said:
thanks guys! i updated HBC to 1.0.3 and also installed bootmii ios, i only really want is to load bootmii from HBC instead of turning off and on the wii.

If you brick your Wii, you won't be able to use bootmii to restore it unless it's installed as boot2. Do you realize you can prevent bootmii from showing up if you have a SD card and a ini file?

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
No version of HBC can launch boot2 BootMii, it can only launch IOS, and seeing as you have to turn off and on again, you have boot2, so you'll still have to do that. But still, there is no reason NOT to update. Don't be stupid, why would you NOT want the latest version?
What's stupid is believing that it's always best to have the latest version of everything. One need only follow a few of the USB loader and/or cIOS threads around here to figure that out. If it ain't broke...

yahmegaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hdhacker said:
yahmegaman said:

If you brick your Wii, you won't be able to use bootmii to restore it unless it's installed as boot2. Do you realize you can prevent bootmii from showing up if you have a SD card and a ini file?

can i install both boot2 and iso together? that's what i have right now.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Skizzo said:
SifJar said:
What's stupid is believing that it's always best to have the latest version of everything. One need only follow a few of the USB loader and/or cIOS threads around here to figure that out. If it ain't broke...

I totally agree. If what you have works why update just for the sake of updating.

Yeah it's good for the scene that people do it, gotta discover those bugs somehow, but blindly updating to the latest of everything is dumb imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom