Hb launcher cia red screen :(

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by soetem, Nov 20, 2016.

  1. soetem
    OP

    soetem Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    80
    15
    Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    I thought I understood it that when the 3ds gets a system update you just rename the hb launcher loader to match and then it would boot. Does it just not work anymore on latest firmware? I have the file there named
    NEW-11-2-0-35-USA.bin but red screen every time :(
     
  2. KunoichiZ

    KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

    Member
    7,524
    2,923
    Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    It works on 11.2. Do you have boot.3dsx for the Homebrew Launcher on the root of your SD card?
     
  3. soetem
    OP

    soetem Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    80
    15
    Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Yeah I do. For the past many system updates I've just renamed the loader but finally got to it today and no go. idk
     
  4. KunoichiZ

    KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

    Member
    7,524
    2,923
    Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    That .bin file needs to be in a folder called hblauncherloader and that folder needs to be on the root of your SD card.
     
  5. soetem
    OP

    soetem Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    80
    15
    Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Those are both in those locations. I also was using an old cia version so I got rid of it, got the new one and the hb folder is there now on the root with the bin inside. Still red screen
     
  6. KunoichiZ

    KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

    Member
    7,524
    2,923
    Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Try redownloading the boot.3dsx from smealum's Homebrew starter pack.
     
  7. soetem
    OP

    soetem Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    80
    15
    Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    I'll try that and report back. Got sucked away from what I was doing. I have a 2 year old.
     
  8. soetem
    OP

    soetem Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    80
    15
    Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Still red screen. I haven't messed with those files in forever other than changing the name of loader when there was an update. no idea what broke


    EDIT: I figured it out. My boot for hb launcher was named something else from back when I installed cfw following a tutorial that said to rename it. Used hex editor, opened new payload and changed boot.3dsx to its other name. I think this has happened to me before, I got to remember. Thank you for trying to help.
     
    Last edited by soetem, Nov 20, 2016