Homebrew Question HB Launcher always empty (5.0.2.)

Shaqattack101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I got the new Hekate with the sleep mode running (works perfectly fine) on my 5.0.2 switch.
I got an SD Card with exFAT on it. I created a folder called "switch" and put the retrarch snes emulator and the NX Appstore in it (just the files I've downloaded).
When I go into the CFW and start the hblauncher (2.0.0), it just says that it cannot find any apps. I also tried to put the files just in every folder but even this won't work :(

How can I fix it? I don't get where the error comes from and why it won't show any homebrew.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I already updated it. It works without problems with the regular firmware.

so if I download the Homebrew, I just put it in the /switch folder, right? Because thats what Im doing the whole time.
Did you place the rest of the files it requires to boot hetake?
If not, get these files onto your sd card along with the latest hetake which allows sleep mode:

Sd files
https://github.com/Jan4V/hekate-ipl-50x/releases/tag/v1.0.0

Hetake
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/payload-zip.129717/

You should be good to go from there

Last edited by Hondyn,

Shaqattack101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Sprengsatz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Same here on 4.1.0
Hbmenu works well with Zelda and vba next in it. then updated files on sd card from tomger thread and newest hekate - nothing show up.
exfat, 32kb Cluster, transcend Premium 64gb

Shaqattack101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you put the .zip files themselves into the folder? If you did, that's what's wrong.
Nono I extracted them and put everything from that on the sd card.

So for example, if I download the NX Appstore and extract the files I will get a folder called (switch). I copied this folder to the sd card. Then I got retroarch ones from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-snes-core-ported-to-5-0-2.505197/
and copied the retroarch_snes.nro file into the /switch folder. Is this correct?

Reactions: BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Amost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do't format using a mac. I have done so on my various macs and it didn't work. Finally formatted it on windows with the proper cluster size and it worked. Another reason macs are often inadequate.
Can confirm that. Formatting in Windows works. Even creating folders in macOS, sometimes, that said folder may not show on HBL.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I am using Mac. How can I navigate to the folders on the switch?

Ah! Mac might be your issue man! Maybe hbmenu is not recognizing the folder. I say if you have a phone or PC around use one of those.
Sometimes when I extract a homebrew it creates an extra folder which makes hbmenu unable to locate it. In that instance I see the folder from the hbmenu and can open it by pressing A.

Shaqattack101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got a windows 10 computer too. So should I try putting the files via windows on it? Is exFAT ok or do I have to format it to FAT32 on windows?

Last edited by Shaqattack101,

Shaqattack101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep, it was the Mac thing. I tried everything you all suggested on windows 10 and it works perfectly fine! Thank you very much for your help!

Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol