Hacking HaxhiFW vs mochaCFW?

Lokote2134

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait if I get haxchiFW coldboot then I don't need the 64gb SD card because I'm not installing rednand or mochacfw right? I can then just get a 32gb or even a 4gb SD card since I will be installing all games on a 1tb hard drive right?

D

Deleted User

So wait if I get haxchiFW coldboot then I don't need the 64gb SD card because I'm not installing rednand or mochacfw right? I can then just get a 32gb or even a 4gb SD card since I will be installing all games on a 1tb hard drive right?
Yes.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by lordelan,

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They are basically the same, haxchi is cfw itself, it allows for loading unsigned content like homebrew channel, or any installed games by brazil method. Mocha is just used instead if you don't have haxchi, they both do the same stuff. One requires a paid NDS game and the other is free by web browser exploit which has less than 100% success rate, compared to haxchi. Once again, mocha is the poverty version cfw. :P

But you do need haxchi for coldboot i assume, i don't use cold boot cause i rather not deal with the long process of dumping a 32GB nand into a 64GB or higher sd card and if anything happens to sd card have to do it all over again, just be careful like me. Install from trusted sources and maybe install to usb storage first, at least is won't harm nand storage at all.
mocha is compatible with cbhc and can be cold booted

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mocha is compatible with cbhc and can be cold booted
CBHC requires HaxChi. It's just a cold boot method for HaxChi. That's what it stands for, ColdBoot HaxChi. In order to setup Mocha with CBHC you must first setup HaxChi. So this begs the question...Why would you use Mocha when you already have HaxChi?

You can technically setup CHBC to cold boot anything but even the author of CBHC recommends agains using it with Mocha.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CBHC requires HaxChi. It's just a cold boot method for HaxChi. That's what it stands for, ColdBoot HaxChi. In order to setup Mocha with CBHC you must first setup HaxChi. So this begs the question...Why would you use Mocha when you already have HaxChi?

You can technically setup CHBC to cold boot anything but even the author of CBHC recommends agains using it with Mocha.
two reasons:
mocha supports rednand
mocha allows constant wup server acsess

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm