Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, you can move haxchi to USB.
of course it will only be possible to launch it when USB is connected.

be sure you don't have any coldboot method pointing to that channel before moving it to USB. (CBHC or Coldboothax)

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
yes, you can move haxchi to USB.
of course it will only be possible to launch it when USB is connected.

be sure you don't have any coldboot method pointing to that channel before moving it to USB. (CBHC or Coldboothax)
I don't have CBHC or coldboothax so I'm good. Copied an HBL2HBC Haxchi to USB successfully without flaws.

mashiro21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it says on the 1st page that it comes with it's own sysNAND cfw. does that mean I can install VC games via WUP installer using just this? And how do I go about that? Run the sysNAND cfw then run homebrew launcher to run WUP?

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it says on the 1st page that it comes with it's own sysNAND cfw. does that mean I can install VC games via WUP installer using just this? And how do I go about that? Run the sysNAND cfw then run homebrew launcher to run WUP?
Correct. When launching Haxchi hold the B button to launch sysNAND CFW.

SuperNintendo64

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hi, i tried to install Haxchi 3 times without luck

On the fourth try i got it right

Why did it failed? Well, ive edited the images for Tv, gamepad and icon.

Ive saved all three in JPG, then got to a website that converts it to TGA

Its the first time i see this TGA extension. Photoshop wasnt able to save it like that. So i had to try this website. It seemed fine, the haxchi installation went fine. But when i tried to run it, gave me an error

Even the icon i changed failed. It gave me a grey block as icon and "????" as name

My questions:

- How can i convert a JPG to TGA and make it work on this installation?

- Also, how can i create a bootSound.btsnd?

FantasyJeans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have haxchii installed and by default it runs sysmenu with sig patches (as I understand it). However, I just discovered that haxchii won't even start unless the gamepad is on. Is there any way to disable this? I want to be able to turn on the wiiu and run haxchii all with the pro controller. Any tips?

WiisleyU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a way to patch with another sound effect? I would like to use the Homebrew Channel from Wii sound :wub:
Can I apply the haxchi over the same DS Game (already haxchi patched) to apply new settings like icon or .txt config.?

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to patch with another sound effect? I would like to use the Homebrew Channel from Wii sound :wub:
Can I apply the haxchi over the same DS Game (already haxchi patched) to apply new settings like icon or .txt config.?
Yes to the second question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WiisleyU

SuperNintendo64

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

I want to know about the sound too.

However, a warning: Ive installed Haxchi with the default images, then i made my own custom images and installed it again. That somehow broken my haxchi. I had to delete it, download the DS game from the eshop again, and reinstal Haxchi with the default images for it to work

I still dont know why this happened, but i think its a good warning

Reactions: WiisleyU

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to know about the sound too.

However, a warning: Ive installed Haxchi with the default images, then i made my own custom images and installed it again. That somehow broken my haxchi. I had to delete it, download the DS game from the eshop again, and reinstal Haxchi with the default images for it to work

I still dont know why this happened, but i think its a good warning
Your tga files are not the correct format. I use gimp. You need to add alpha channel to the icon image and save all tga's without compression when saving. You can verify your tga's with this tool. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tgaverifiy-a-tga-verifier.450997/

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the "no already installed rom.zip" error and I am afraid of re-installing the DS game because the eshop might delete my installed titles on USB HDD?! Is that true?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the "no already installed rom.zip" error and I am afraid of re-installing the DS game because the eshop might delete my installed titles on USB HDD?! Is that true?
No, eShop doesn't delete unowned titles, and yes, you can delete the game, then reinstall it from eshop. HOWEVER, if you've installed CBHC (which it doesn't sound like you got that far) you have to uninstall that before you delete the game.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On top of what nexusmtx said, Nintendo hasn't figured out a way to delete games off of HDDs that are not plugged in. :)

Reactions: naddel81

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought they might delete titles in NAND and then games won't be recognized.
To be honest I don't know enough to say for certain if games installed to USB have any connection to NAND or not, but if you turn off the HDD and boot the icons do not show up on the system menu, so I suspect not.

On the 3DS side I understand DLC gets deleted if you enter eshop.

Reactions: naddel81

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest I don't know enough to say for certain if games installed to USB have any connection to NAND or not, but if you turn off the HDD and boot the icons do not show up on the system menu, so I suspect not.

On the 3DS side I understand DLC gets deleted if you enter eshop.
but only if you have a NNID linked to the device.

Reactions: thorasgar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto