Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey @FIX94. Great program! Have my boot images to be Ace Attorney themed haha.

I am, however, having a few issues with getting two apps to work.

First one is the homebrew launcher. I have it set as default, but it just fades to black and nothing else happens after the boot image and music run. It doesn't go anywhere. Have to unplug my WIi U and plug it back in to restart.
Second is the ELF version of SDCafiine. I'm pretty sure I have it named correctly, case and all, but no matter what, if I hold the button I have configured, it returns me to the Wii U menu. Any idea what's causing that?

Using Kirby Mass Attack, if that matters.

Last edited by Segtendo,

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this does not change the kirby DS logo?
No, it will replace the Kirby DS logo. For some icons, extract haxchi.zip into the root of the SD card. This will allow to change the boot sound, icon, banner, and what it loads to (with both button press or by default.)

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I just got a -5 error..

As FIX94 says:
-3 means it could not find any sd inserted and -4 means it was unable to actually mount the inserted sd card so my guess would be that your sd card is nearly dead and its time for you to maybe switch it out for a new one.

Dunno what -5 is, but
A. It (maybe) can find your card
B. It (maybe) can mount the inserted card.

I'm guessing the Homebrew Channel's installed in the right path, so maybe your config.txt is off?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As FIX94 says:

Dunno what -5 is, but
A. It (maybe) can find your card
B. It (maybe) can mount the inserted card.

I'm guessing the Homebrew Channel's installed in the right path, so maybe your config.txt is off?

I don't know, it's infuriating as it worked numerous times in the past, I have another SD card I can use, a 16 GB one. Why I get a -5, esp. twice in a row is especially baffling with a brand new card :blink:

*Exasperated sigh*

Config shouldn't matter, because it's default and I never touched it.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Weird, so uh, why did it work yesterday and not today when I made no changes to the path? Are you saying I should double check the config for this? This is just weird since I made no changes, but I'll look to be sure, ugh. Does this mean I have to reinstall the hack? I really need to find out what to change, where to change it, redoing the hack, etc, as I used the 1.1 installer, but again, I made no changes.

Will need a refresher on how to download a config file, change it, and upload it.

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying I should double check the config for this? Does this mean I have to reinstall the hack?
Yes, luckily, it doesn't involve redownloading the game. Just reload the haxchi installer. If you want to get a new config.txt, just download haxchi.zip from FIX94's haxchi download page.
You may want this line in it, put it at the bottom.
Code:
default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, luckily, it doesn't involve redownloading the game. Just reload the haxchi installer. If you want to get a new config.txt, just download haxchi.zip from FIX94's haxchi download page.
You may want this line in it, put it at the bottom.
Code:
default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

Er what if it's the RPX version that Dimok released a few days ago? Does it have to be the .ELF version...? Unfortunately, I don't have the most up to date version of the hack, I'm using 1.1 of Vickdu31's installer.

Which means I need to load the CFW booter, remember the CLI commands....oh boy

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Er what if it's the RPX version that Dimok released a few days ago? Does it have to be the .ELF version...?
yes
Did you change the default setting on the config.txt to "homebrew_launcher.rpx" or did you leave it at "homebrew_launcher.elf"?
If you did, the config.txt would be wrong, and the -5 error would show.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes
Did you change the default setting on the config.txt to "homebrew_launcher.rpx" or did you leave it at "homebrew_launcher.elf"?
If you did, the config.txt would be wrong, and the -5 error would show.

No, I didn't, how do I download the config file and re-upload it? I have to load CFW loader via the HBL in the kexploit, then wupserver. I suppose that I will roll back to the ELF version, since the RPX version has no benefit, and it's still beta.

It's the commands I don't remember.

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I didn't, how do I download the config file and re-upload it?

As FIX94's haxchi v1.8 readme says,
"To upload a config.txt as well you will have to do the following if the title is installed on NAND:

Code:
w.up("config.txt", "/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/title/00050000/YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID/content/config.txt")
  w.chmod("/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/title/00050000/YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID/content/config.txt", 0x644)

and for the title being installed to USB you do the following:

Code:
w.up("config.txt", "/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID/content/config.txt")
  w.chmod("/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID/content/config.txt", 0x644)
"

Don't know about downloading though

Last edited by flzmx,

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I didn't, how do I download the config file and re-upload it? I have to load CFW loader via the HBL in the kexploit, then wupserver. I suppose that I will roll back to the ELF version, since the RPX version has no benefit, and it's still beta.

It's the commands I don't remember.
Use the newest elf file and just extract the old haxchi folder to the root of the sd

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Reactions: flzmx

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As FIX94's haxchi v1.8 readme says,
"To upload a config.txt as well you will have to do the following if the title is installed on NAND:

Code:
w.up("config.txt", "/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/title/00050000/YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID/content/config.txt")
  w.chmod("/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/title/00050000/YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID/content/config.txt", 0x644)

and for the title being installed to USB you do the following:

Code:
w.up("config.txt", "/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID/content/config.txt")
  w.chmod("/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID/content/config.txt", 0x644)
"

And I done derped :P Yeah, it was because I used the RPX version of HBL and not the ELF, I changed it back to the ELF app and it works; as of now, the RPX version of HBL (beta) serves little benefit until it's complete.

Use the newest elf file and just extract the old haxchi folder to the root of the sd

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Wait, that actually works? Anyways, I got it resolved, reverted back to HBL 1.4 elf (the one with RPX support). You mean Vickdu's 1.1. yes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...