Hacking Official Haxchi v2.5u2 - a persistent WiiU hack

CaptainCPS-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone :), I been following the Nintendo Wii U scene for some time, and have to say that it is getting more interesting. I been wondering how I could contribute, so I figured why not start with something small :P.

Here is Haxchi v2.0u1 with a custom design I made for myself. Feel free to use it if you like it :)

PNG previews:
iconTex.png

Check the attachment for the ZIP. It is ready to extract to the root of the SD card.

Btw, I want to congratulate all the developers on the Wii U scene for all the progress.

Oh, and I personally used it with Kirby Mass Attack (USA) and worked without any issues, I tested holding A to boot into redNAND as well and had no problems.

SeeYa!
:D

Attachments

• HAXCHI_v2.0u1_[CUSTOM_DESIGN][CaptainCPS-X].zip
    431 KB · Views: 242
Last edited by CaptainCPS-X,

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is kirby no longer playable? I kinda liked the idea of a secret launch so my kids dont into it easily.
Would be nice to change the icons.
Kirby is no longer playable. If you wanted to, you could've dumped it with ddd before installing haxchi and then use Loadiine to play it.
To change the icons, search around for some haxchi channel icons. Then, just replace the icons with their .tga files.

smurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You dont need previous versions, there IS a readme file, and all you have to do to install is run the haxchi.elf from the HBL.
Wow, I didn't think it was so easy! Sorry and thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just last question: do I need the original DS game bought from Nintendo e-shop, right?

Reactions: ItsKipz

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Wow, I didn't think it was so easy! Sorry and thanks!

Just last question: do I need the original DS game bought from Nintendo e-shop, right?
Yes, if you want to use it without signature patches.

Reactions: smurf

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kirby is no longer playable. If you wanted to, you could've dumped it with ddd before installing haxchi and then use Loadiine to play it.
To change the icons, search around for some haxchi channel icons. Then, just replace the icons with their .tga files.

Wait are we talking Homebrew channel icons or actual main wiiu menu icon?

Last edited by karloz25,

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to set up alternate button configs to boot to different ELFs? For example, I'd like one button to boot redNAND, one to boot HBL, and one to boot the sig check patcher.

Edizius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Would it be possible to set up alternate button configs to boot to different ELFs? For example, I'd like one button to boot redNAND, one to boot HBL, and one to boot the sig check patcher.
Yes. Just modify the txt-file where the contant is only a=fw.img
You can add "b=wiiu/apps/???/???.elf".
Works also with x=, y= and all other buttons

@FIX94 why the Quick Start menu keeps showing the DS game? Just curious about where the Quick Start menu get its icon from.
Hi! How did you get it into the quick start menu? Just by executing it several times or is there an easier way?

Reactions: endoverend

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: endoverend

Kairu43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, Thank you for your contribution to the scene.

Now for my question: If I want my default action to be launching into the regular old WiiU menu, and simply utilize Haxchi to permit entering a HBL during boot by holding a button, how would I setup my config? What would I set my "default" parameter to in order to execute a regular standard boot? (aka, no fw.img on my sd card) Do I just remove the "default" parameter altogether?

zr=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
default=????

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I get an error when I try to run it. Not sure if anyone else had had this? :unsure:

"No already existing rom.zip found in the game!
Make sure to update your DS title and try again."

I'm attempting to use Kimizawa's brain training (PAL). I had it before when it was given away for free. I installed it on my USB drive, but moved it to the main nand prior to attempting. And as for the obvious: yes, I have done all attempts to update it (it's connected to the internet, but simply starts without ever saying anything of any update).

Anyone know what this is? :)

Edizius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I get an error when I try to run it. Not sure if anyone else had had this? :unsure:

"No already existing rom.zip found in the game!
Make sure to update your DS title and try again."

I'm attempting to use Kimizawa's brain training (PAL). I had it before when it was given away for free. I installed it on my USB drive, but moved it to the main nand prior to attempting. And as for the obvious: yes, I have done all attempts to update it (it's connected to the internet, but simply starts without ever saying anything of any update).

Anyone know what this is? :)
I heared you have to uninstall it and redownload from e shop as it eas not packed in the early VCs

Reactions: Taleweaver

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all, thank you very much for the new installer, that's awesome.
I would like to ask, is there still going to be support added for the other VC games?
Because if not then likely I will just buy a supported title (before Nintendo takes them all down like they did with DSiWare).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY