Hacking Official Haxchi v2.5u2 - a persistent WiiU hack

Kairu43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, Thank you for your contribution to the scene.

Now for my question: If I want my default action to be launching into the regular old WiiU menu, and simply utilize Haxchi to permit entering a HBL during boot by holding a button, how would I setup my config? What would I set my "default" parameter to in order to execute a regular standard boot? (aka, no fw.img on my sd card) Do I just remove the "default" parameter altogether?

zr=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
default=????

Just making sure this question doesn't get lost

barguzar

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi @FIX94, I have compiled the last iosuhax from Dimok's branch, and installed your last version of haxchi. I have configured the config file with iosuhax by default and I have tried to configure HBL 2.1 (RPX) for "A" Button, but I'm getting a "-5" error. can I configure as aforementioned or only works with HBL (ELF)????

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi @FIX94, I have compiled the last iosuhax from Dimok's branch, and installed your last version of haxchi. I have configured the config file with iosuhax by default and I have tried to configure HBL 2.1 (RPX) for "A" Button, but I'm getting a "-5" error. can I configure as aforementioned or only works with HBL (ELF)????
the sd loader for both browser exploit and haxchi can only load .elf files on its own, .rpx load support is only available for the homebrew launcher itself. there is no advantage anyways of using the .rpx version of it except that it can be its own channel.

Reactions: KiiWii

barguzar

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the sd loader for both browser exploit and haxchi can only load .elf files on its own, .rpx load support is only available for the homebrew launcher itself. there is no advantage anyways of using the .rpx version of it except that it can be its own channel.

Thanks a lot for the clarification, I suppose that you are using the last payloads, as you know dimok shared in the HBL 1.4 release a exploit with rpx files loaad support, I understand to load rpx files for example retroarch.rpx.. etc
payloads.PNG

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks a lot for the clarification, I suppose that you are using the last payloads, as you know dimok shared in the HBL 1.4 release a exploit with rpx files loaad support, I understand to load rpx files for example retroarch.rpx.. etc
yep, has been in sync on the same day he updated that since we do talk about this stuff pretty much daily and make sure it'll all work together as you can see here:
https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases/tag/v1.7

slickochet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that is indeed correct, the very first versions of brain age were quite different to the other vc titles.

Anyways just uploaded v2.1, now adding support for Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia!

I was getting this missing rom.zip error too. So I deleted and re-downloaded Brain Training (PAL).

Now when I start Haxchi, no game shows up for it to use. If I press A once, it asks me if I am sure or not, but I'm not sure so wanted to ask for advice here first. haha

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now when I start Haxchi, no game shows up for it to use.
sigh... another person that missed that it has to be on NAND, you probably had a usb device connected while re-downloading the game so its on there, just move it in the system settings to nand and make sure the usb device is disconnected while then using the installer.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

barguzar

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yep, has been in sync on the same day he updated that since we do talk about this stuff pretty much daily and make sure it'll all work together as you can see here:
https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases/tag/v1.7

Excellent work, congrats for both! once clarified, the best option is (for a while) configure my haxchi as initial title with cfw-coldboot.img as default, hbl.elf with a button and install HBL channel 2.1, thank you!

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is working great with the new simple signature check patcher from Dimok. I've set the new tool as default and it seems to be the quickest and simplest way to get what most of us all want...

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has already been asked but I purchased Kriby Mass Attack USA today and installed Haxchi v 2.1. It works great but the icon on the home screen still says Kriby Mass Attack. How do I change the icon to show HBL or something instead?

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry if this has already been asked but I purchased Kriby Mass Attack USA today and installed Haxchi v 2.1. It works great but the icon on the home screen still says Kriby Mass Attack. How do I change the icon to show HBL or something instead?
you probably did not copy the haxchi folder from that zip onto your sd card root so it did not write the additional files.

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
Works perfectly fine on my end, thanks for saving me from browser trouble xP

Would i need to reinstall it to change the icon and booting sounds or is it just replacing files on the SD card?
Like to make my own.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you probably did not copy the haxchi folder from that zip onto your sd card root so it did not write the additional files.
Oh I misread the OP. I put the files here sd:/wiiu/apps/haxchi instead of here sd:/haxchi. Can I just rerun it from HBL with files in the correct spot and it will fix? I'll try that.

Edit: Yeah that did the trick. Thanks @FIX94!

slickochet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sigh... another person that missed that it has to be on NAND, you probably had a usb device connected while re-downloading the game so its on there, just move it in the system settings to nand and make sure the usb device is disconnected while then using the installer.

Sorry! Assumed it would install to SysNAND by default. Moved it to there and it worked great. Thanks for the awesome installer!

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@FIX94 going back to my earlier comment about haxchi for 5.3.2 or <5.5.1 FWs: I remember seeing weblinks on the system menu months and months ago via a cat-Dev video.

IIRC it was literally acting like a cached bookmark.

@vgmoose was very kindly experimenting with data uris and storing the payload within them (for 5.3.2), but this did not work for some reason, so:

Would it be possible to use haxchi installer to host the MP4/BIN where the DS game zip was, auto open a weblink and load any payload from the Wii Us internals?

Just thinking out loud here and it may be completely impossible or implausible.

Thank you for your time.

DNS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can haxchi be used to run SD Cafiine?
I'm sorry if it's a stupid question, but I would love to start smash mods without relying on my crappy WiFi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1