Hacking Having trouble with 2 Wiis: 4.3E and 3.1U: Loaders just crash.

kwanbis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After about 6 years or more of having sold my Wii, I deided to get a used one. I bought a used Wii (4.3U) and I followed a tutorial on "elotrolado" that was very simple to follow.

But even though I tried a lot of things, and even though in the past I had my Wii perfectly configured by me, I couldn't make it work. Basically the loaders would load, but as soon as I tried to launch a game, any game, it would freeze. I tried uLoader, Wiiflow, and CFG Loader.

Then my son was born, so I packed the Wii for better times. So now I want to try again with the addition that I got another used Wii (3.1U), so now I have a Wii with system menu 4.3 and another Wii with system menu 3.1 and I want to mod both, and give one as a gift.

The first Wii I'm able to upgrade to 4.3 and format it, and with LetterBomb install hombrew channell and BootMii.

The second Wii is with System Menu 3.1, but I don't know if it is better to do an official upgrade to 4.3 and then use LetterBomb, or if there is an advantage on having it at 3.1 and use BannerBomb.

BRIEFLY: I want to install a loader that allows me to have my games on a USB drive, so that my sons can play them withouth scratching the originals. Ideally the loader should support NTFS or FAT32. I'm not interested on emulator or similars.

(1) What tutorial should I follow with the Wii @4.3U? What loader should I try? What cIOS? How do I install them? With PympMyWii? If not how?

(2) What tutorial should I follow with the Wii @3.1U? What loader should I try? What cIOS? How do I install them? With PympMyWii? If not how?

THANKS A LOT!

EDIT: I was finally able to have the Wii 4.3 work following this tutorial http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-s...backup-wii-gamecube-and-wiiware-games.360687/

I still need to see how can I make USB Loader GX 4.3 work with NTFS or FAT32 partitions, but at least it no longer crashes!

If somebody has a link/tutorial on how to make it work with NTFS/FAT32, it would be greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-