Homebrew Having trouble installing d2x cios installer

ImPickleRickFunny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
It keeps saying net_gethostbyname failed: -125. I am connected to the internet and I'm fairly certain I'm on the latest version. On the next screen, the 249 slot is labeled as failed and below all of the slot it says installed cios: none. Pls help if you can

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You need to use the updated version of the d2x cios installer that can get NUS files from the alternate end point. Or u need to save base IOSs to sd card so that they don't need to be downloaded by d2x cios installer

Or just use modmii and make your life easier

ImPickleRickFunny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
You need to use the updated version of the d2x cios installer that can get NUS files from the alternate end point. Or u need to save base IOSs to sd card so that they don't need to be downloaded by d2x cios installer

Or just use modmii and make your life easier
I'm using the latest version that's on wiiguide and where do I get the base ioss?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As nobody explained it yet, Nintendo closed their Data servers (NUS, Nintendo Update Servers), so we can't download IOS from the official network anymore.

you can get them officially from your own discs (in the update partition, with Wiixplorer for example), but wad could be old/outdated/not the version you want.
You can dump your own IOS from NAND to WAD (with BlueDumpMod)
You can get them from Modmii
or from not recommended places (piracy, download, etc.) but wads might be bad/wrong/fake/outdated pack of WADs etc. but you won't use the WAD to install them and replace the originals, you'll use the WAD as base for the patch and the result will be installed in desired slot, so no real risk.
Just don't mix Wii and vWii wad !

There's also the cIOS installer 2.2Mod by Fix94 which... get the source directly from NAND instead of getting them from WAD files ! No need to extract the title to WAD first.
Note that I (and probably nobody?) tried to use the 2.2Mod on Wii :P (instead of v3.1)
It was useful on vWii because everybody had the correct version installed. You should be able to use it on Wii too (just don't use the vWii IOSes data), but if your IOS are outdated it'll use that version as base.
If anyone want to use 2.2mod on Wii, you need to replace the ciosmap.xml and the folders inside the installer with the correct version for your console.

I didn't know there were a new cIOS installer version with URL patched to private servers.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: jeannotte

ImPickleRickFunny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
As nobody explained it yet, Nintendo closed their Data servers (NUS, Nintendo Update Servers), so we can't download IOS from the official network anymore.

you can get them officially from your own discs (in the update partition, with Wiixplorer for example), but wad could be old/outdated/not the version you want.
or from not recommended places (piracy, download, etc.) but wads might be bad/wrong/fake/outdated pack of WADs etc. but you won't use the WAD to install them and replace the originals, you'll use the WAD as base for the patch and the result will be installed in desired slot, so no real risk.

There's also the cIOS installer 2.2Mod by Fix94 which... get the source directly from NAND instead of getting them from WAD files ! No need to extract the title to WAD first.
Note that I (and probably nobody?) tried to use the 2.2Mod on Wii :P (instead of v3.1)
It was useful on vWii because everybody had the correct version installed. You should be able to use it on Wii too (just don't use the vWii IOSes data), but if your IOS are outdated it'll use that version as base.
If anyone want to use 2.2mod on Wii, you need to replace the ciosmap.xml and the folders inside the installer with the correct version for your console.

I didn't know there were a new cIOS installer version with URL patched to private server

I didn't know there were a new cIOS installer version with URL patched to private servers.

ImPickleRickFunny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

Can you send me a link to the Wii version of the cios mod? I can't find it

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
like I said, nobody did it yet.
You'll find only the vWii version, that you have to manually edit its ciosmap.xml and replace all its folder's content to the Wii version.

The installer itself should work on both Wii and vWii, unless Fix94 made that version specifically for vWii (due to Ancast encryption layer?).

if you want to use your own IOS, I recommend to use BlueDumpMod instead.
You can dump all the IOS by not fake signing the tmd/ticket.

or you can use modmii to get fake signed repacked IOS as wad. this is the easiest method.

or any original game disc you have ? if they are recent, they should contain latest IOS WAD on their update partition. you can copy them with ftpii (I think it has access to disc too, right?), or Wiixplorer.

Last edited by Cyan,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I used yawmm to grab all of my wad files from the vwii. not sure if they're compatible with the wii, but it's part of the old tutorial. I think wup hax one doesn't even go into that, which is a concern.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The vWii IOS Wad are not compatible with the Wii IOS.
But the IOS can be packed into WAD the same way on Wii.

you are right, dumping IOS would have been more useful than dumping the full vWii NAND with no solution to restore it (and people skiping the dump part in tutorials anyway). Well, I think now we can restore, but if people made IOS58 backup, they wouldn't have requested it that much on the forum :P

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: afternoon