kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I installed wiigator through the homebrew channel but whenever i put a game that i backed up in and go to wiigator, all that happens is that it says loading on this black screen then these words come up and they are very cluttered together. I can't figure out what it's saying but it does say something like dvd (i think). Can anyone help me?

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Beatchu said:
1) search
2) don't double post
3) did you install the cIOS and are you using dvd-r
sry bout the double post but no one was responding. Anyways, i installed a cios that ended with 249 i believe. I can't remember the exact name. However, i installed it after installling wiigator, dunno if that caused everything but i thought it might.

I tried running the game through the backup launcher and it gets a read error 324.

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
acesniper said:
kenio8185 said:
sry bout the double post but no one was responding.
... you couldn't wait for an hour?

i did wait the hour, if you looked it said hour and 20 min. Edit, my bad, i clearly need glasses or something. Earlier i said hour and 30 min instead of 20 min.

Posts merged

QUOTE(xDarkElement @ Mar 2 2009, 05:21 AM)
maybe your dvd is the wrong way, try taking it out and turning it the other way.
nope, im 100% sure it's the right way.

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
common people, i need to get this done soon, is there anyone who can help fix my problems. Error 324 on the backup launcher. Also, i tried installing the dvdx using the advance settings and choosing 249 since i found out that this is the step i missed, and it didn't install. It gave me errors. So, can someone help?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kenio8185 said:
common people, i need to get this done soon, is there anyone who can help fix my problems. Error 324 on the backup launcher. Also, i tried installing the dvdx using the advance settings and choosing 249 since i found out that this is the step i missed, and it didn't install. It gave me errors. So, can someone help?

If you could not install DVDx to IOS249, we know 2 things: 1. Something is wrong with your cIOS and 2. you read the wrong guide.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kenio8185 said:
here is the guide i used, i modded a wii b4 and this guide worked last time but i'm havin trouble for this, probably because i missed the step:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/706332

Do you know how i can fix my problems or give you more detail so that you can help me fix it.

Start ALL OVER AGAIN, seriously. You already know that you want WiiGator's backup launcher, but do you know that THIS HERE is the place where he releases? Your guide uses the oldest version of WiiGator's launcher, but you want the latest Gamma.

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
kenio8185 said:
here is the guide i used, i modded a wii b4 and this guide worked last time but i'm havin trouble for this, probably because i missed the step:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/706332

Do you know how i can fix my problems or give you more detail so that you can help me fix it.

Start ALL OVER AGAIN, seriously. You already know that you want WiiGator's backup launcher, but do you know that THIS HERE is the place where he releases? Your guide uses the oldest version of WiiGator's launcher, but you want the latest Gamma.
I tried starting over again but the wiigator icon thing is already on the wii, and some cios's are installed (i would delete them but i tried that before and the wii messed up, i updated and got it all back but i haven't kept track of what cios's i installed and didn't install). I'll however try to backtrack as much as i can. Can you link me to the latest version of wiigator? or at least tell me what the latest version is?

edit* when installing the ios249 with dvdx, i get two errors:
error -2011 installing dvd stub ticket
error -2011 installing stub

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
kenio8185 said:
I installed wiigator through the homebrew channel but whenever i put a game that i backed up in and go to wiigator, all that happens is that it says loading on this black screen then these words come up and they are very cluttered together. I can't figure out what it's saying but it does say something like dvd (i think). Can anyone help me?

try installing gamma rather than the guy who wrote it
people don't work too well when you install them on your wii (i found that out the HARD way)

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
fishears said:
kenio8185 said:

try installing gamma rather than the guy who wrote it
people don't work too well when you install them on your wii (i found that out the HARD way)
i'm not understanding what you mean by all of that but i did understand teh install gamma part. Can you link plz?

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok, got the thing to work, i went to the cios installer thing and it updated everything or something like that, now the wii can play backups. Thx to every1 who helped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    you wanna know the worst night i had?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    you wanna know the worst night i had?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    no, but fucking cockroaches
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i had to sleep with one eye open
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    after i restes peacfully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    *peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    *peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    sorry for misspell and posts
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i heard a buzzing sound from a flying cockroach and ran away
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and i have to sleep somewhere else
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, I hate insects too
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i wish i can just get rid of them
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so i can rest peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i just worry about cockroaches entering my room
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    my room is absolutely clean and a have an AC Conditioner
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and when i turn it on or not, they have a way to enter
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it pisses me off
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and my right eye is bloodshot from lack of sleep but damn. the full moon with the clouds is beautiful
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    @Xdqwerty any tips?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bug exterminator?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi Somebody's asking for tips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Get a load from this guy lol.