Hacking Having trouble editing usrcheat.dat to use on DSTWO

totti10poke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm trying to add an AR code to my usrcheat.dat, it was provided in the documentation of Blaze Black 2. Here is what I did to add it;

Load r4cce
Load the usrcheat.dat
find the game (i made sure it was the correct game ID)
clicked add code
typed in the name and pasted in the AR code
chose the button combo
pressed add
saved the usrcheat.dat

Is there anything I should be doing that I've missed, I really need to add 2 codes to the game and have them work, or the game is almost unplayable.

Thanks very much.

lordgoober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I have a similar question. The translation patch for SaGa 2 changed the header so the codes that show up in the untranslated version do not show up for the translated version. How do I edit usrcheat.dat to make the supercard have the cheats show up for the translated version?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response Rydian. The other cheats do show up in the list, even the one I put in shows up in the list, but it has no effect.
Was the code actually FOR the ROM hack, or for the original game? ROM hacks can change around the game code as well, rendering original codes ineffective and somebody would have to make new codes for the ROM hack.

totti10poke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Was the code actually FOR the ROM hack, or for the original game? ROM hacks can change around the game code as well, rendering original codes ineffective and somebody would have to make new codes for the ROM hack.

The code was provided in the documentation that came with the hack, I assume it's for the hack, as it's not in the most updated usrcheat.dat file. If I could possibly get a response from Drayano I could find out about that more certainly.

EDIT: In fact, it must be for the hack, as the documentation has the game's IDs and then the codes below.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1