Hacking Having to re-hack a Wii

GH0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I should be getting my Wii back in two to three days roughly, from Nintendo, as I had some hardware failure (mainboard died) that completely screwed it up. Thankfully they couldn't do anything with it, so they didn't charge me the 200 or send it back to me at my cost.

Anyways, I was wondering what is the easiest way about re-loading the HBC Channel onto the Wii? I will be using the Smash Stack exploit at any rate, as that is the only game I have that is capable of working with 4.3 (assuming that is what they will ship it back with).

Should I go with modmii or with the full offline guide?

Only reason why I ask, I never had to downgrade so, all this other stuff makes me a bit weary.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Doesn't really matter all that much what guide you use.
Either use one of the 2 stickied guides or the one in my sig.

Just use the one you find the easiest
tongue.gif

GH0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I ended up actually calling them, and asking what the problem was, and while they confirmed my suspicion that it was the Mainboard, they apparently replaced the DVD drive too (DVD didn't have any problem reading discs. It was the older model). Whether this was to completely stop the use of playing burned discs or not, I don't know, but for future reference to anyone that sends their stuff in. Heads up your DVD drive might get replaced.

Alright, so, basically, will the biggest problem basically be the possibility of downgrading the System Menu? I mean, I don't expect there to be a huge problem, I mean, I got Twilight Hack to work correctly on 3.2, but, that was back then.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Twilight Hack won't work on 4.3, but you won't need it as you'll be using Smash Stack instead.
No need to downgrade the System menu, everything will work on 4.3.

Follow one of the guides and you'll be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes