Hacking Having problems updating to 4.3

That new kid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello people, I am terribly sorry if this is in the wrong topic or this question has been answered/asked before, I used the search function but found nada.

My problem is that I can't update to 4.3 no matter what.

I tried to update via the internet, errorcode 32004, still does not work. I also tried everything nintendo suggested on their website, but to no help.

I also tried to update to 4.3 via Metroid: Other M's disc update, but it says something like "error updating wii" and redirects me to the system menu. What may the cause be? Could it be because of homebrew I've used in the past? (I used the "modify any 4.3 wii and below!"-guide (which is a great guide by the way, made everything supereasy). I didn't use the homebrew channel for anything beside downloading a few VC games (which I decided to delete by formatting the wii because of my moral about piracy changed). Any ideas?

Also, I have another question, if you don't mind.
If you install a Virtual Console WAD, will all traces disappear if you format the wii system memory through wii settings?
And another question, are WAD's detectable by nintendo, and can they do things like send you a lawsuit?

I hope these questions weren't too much trouble, and I'm terribly sorry if I posted in the wrong section! Thanks in advance.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Please say us why you want to update. Wads are not detectable by nintendo via wifi, you can use them. You can't remove homebrew, even not with a system format, if your wii is broken and you send it to nintendo, they will find the homebrew and you must pay very much. Do you have priiloader? This could make problems. Hold down the reset button while starting the wii, then you should see priiloader if it's installed.

That new kid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@FIX94

Thank you for the reply. I want to update to 4.3 because I have a few "legal" VC games that I deleted in the past (and I can't remember why I did.)

It seems like Priiloader was indeed installed, but it doesn't have any settings enabled, could it still interfere though?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning