Hacking Question Haven't used my hacked switch in over 3 years, completely lost.

volba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I let someone else use my switch and haven't touched it in over 3 years, so I've completely forgotten what I'm doing really and I had a couple questions. I'm sure everything I'm asking has been posted, there's just so many different guides that say different things and I'm scared to mess anything up being so out of the loop on an old CFW.

First, I believe my original NAND backup is lost now on a dead HDD. Is it possible I have a copy on the SD itself and what files am I looking for, BOOT0/BOOT1? Is it still possible to get another backup and should I do that first? Without an original NAND backup, am I screwed out of ever playing original games on OFW?

My switch is at system version 6.2.0 using Atmosphere 0.8.2 + Kosmos 1.1.0. Which should I update first and is there something I should switch over to (I saw Kosmos is archived now.)? Is it safe to update the switch itself from CFW?

A lot of my backups have an update software nag popup, is it ever safe to update these from the console itself? I believe I've always had it offline in airplane mode and was installing updates manually.

Also my HBmenu has Checkpoint 3.5.0, ChoiDujourNX 1.0.1, EdiZon 1.5.1, hb app store 2.0, Tinfoil 0.2.1. Are any of these antiquated and need to be changed?

Last edited by volba,

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should backup before continuing. Get Hekate and backup.
Hekate & Atmosphere are the things these day. Install these and you can use Daybreak to update your firmware.
To update your games, don't do it the "official" way. You'll be banned if you do that; if you're already banned, it won't let you do that. You'll either have to find the update NSP packages from "somewhere" and install them, or use Tinfoil - But don't ask for that info here. Find that info elsewhere.
Out of that list of apps you mentioned, I would say don't use ChoiDujourNX - I personally don't use it, but read it may give you problems.
Since you have not touched this stuff in a while, I would say it's best to post your follow up questions in the Switch Noob Paradise thread.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I let someone else use my switch and haven't touched it in over 3 years, so I've completely forgotten what I'm doing really and I had a couple questions. I'm sure everything I'm asking has been posted, there's just so many different guides that say different things and I'm scared to mess anything up being so out of the loop on an old CFW.

First, I believe my original NAND backup is lost now on a dead HDD. Is it possible I have a copy on the SD itself and what files am I looking for, BOOT0/BOOT1? Is it still possible to get another backup and should I do that first? Without an original NAND backup, am I screwed out of ever playing original games on OFW?

My switch is at system version 6.2.0 using Atmosphere 0.8.2 + Kosmos 1.1.0. Which should I update first and is there something I should switch over to (I saw Kosmos is archived now.)? Is it safe to update the switch itself from CFW?

A lot of my backups have an update software nag popup, is it ever safe to update these from the console itself? I believe I've always had it offline in airplane mode and was installing updates manually.

Also my HBmenu has Checkpoint 3.5.0, ChoiDujourNX 1.0.1, EdiZon 1.5.1, hb app store 2.0, Tinfoil 0.2.1. Are any of these antiquated and need to be changed?
The files on your SD card that you would be looking for would be called BOOT0, BOOT1, and the rawnand.bin. If you can't find them, you can make another backup but it won't be clean so you risk getting banned if you ever go online.

You should always update CFW before your firmware but I would not recommend updating in CFW because you risk getting banned if you update online with a hacked console.

Software updates, much like firmware updates, are not safe to update from the console itself it is hacked for the reasons previously stated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello