Hacking Haven't used my Acekard 2i in a while, need some assistance.

Jaems

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I bought my Acekard 2i nearly 2 years ago and kinda fell off playing DS games for a while. Decided to play some stuff in the backlog recently, only to find my DSLite falling apart (fucking hinges).

I was looking at maybe purchasing a DSi/DSiXL or a 3DS to replace it. However, having browsed around I believe I've gathered that 2i no longer works on DSi's or 3DSes? Is that correct?

If this is the case, would you fellas believe it a viable option to find a DSi below 1.4.5u to use with my Acekard? I only really look to play DS games with it anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
I've gathered that 2i no longer works on DSi's or 3DSes? Is that correct?

it works on them just fine, as long as the firmware is compatible. if you buy a new system there is a chance it will be updated to the point that you can not boot the acekard. if you are only into ds games and homebrew then i would highly recommend the dsi xl. that larger screen makes all the difference. i'm pretty sure you will have no trouble tracking down a system with a lower firmware. it is something any seller can check for you in under 30 seconds.

-another world

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
According to the Acekard website, 4.3.0-10 is the latest firmware version they have fixed.

If you can get a 3DS that has firmware 4.3 or below, you will be fine. I also hope your Acekard2i has HW81 - there was a revision to the hardware and HW44 models do not work on the later 3DS firmwares.

DSI 1.44 is the cutoff for DSi firmware working with the Acekard2i.

In this case, the two things I would recommend are

a) keep your Acekard2i and purchase another DSLite or DS phat (this can run you $70+)

b) Purchase a DSi or 3DS and buy the Supercard DSTwo (around $40) or R4i Gold 3DS (R4 is about $20 cheaper than Supercard, but the Supercard is a more powerful card allowing you to emulate more like GBA and SNES games better and smoother than the R4i could.)

Places to purchase - nds-card.com (official sponsor of GBATemp) realhotstuff.hk and my personal favorite - Zhuzhuchina.com :)

Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv