Hacking Havent touched my hacked wii in over a year. Now what?

DontShootUp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys.

So I turned on my wii for the first time in over a year yesterday. I had almost forgotten about it. So I checked GBATemp to see what I missed and it seems like a loooot. My wii is running ciosx rev 19, and an old version of configurable USB loader with a WBFS partition.

Am I correct in assuming that WBFS is outdated and obsolete? If so, How do I convert to to a more recent format?

Can I safely upgrade my CIOSX to the newest version directly from rev 19?

I noticed that you can play gamecube games from a hard drive now. Not really a question, but awesome.

What else have I missed guys? Feels good to be back ;)

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get ModMii and that will take you through updating everything on you Wii that you need to update.

As for your HDD, yes wbfs is obsolete, but it still works if you'd rather not mess with changing it to another type. If you do want to change, like to play GC games make sure your new format is FAT32 with 32k clusters NOT 64k or anything like that. DIOS MIOS does not like USB drives with anything but 32k clusters. Of course some drives it just doesn't like no matter what, so you may want to look into DIOS MIOS Lite to run GC games from SD cards. Or if you have a lot of original GC discs, you may rather look into Devolution.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys.

So I turned on my wii for the first time in over a year yesterday. I had almost forgotten about it. So I checked GBATemp to see what I missed and it seems like a loooot. My wii is running ciosx rev 19, and an old version of configurable USB loader with a WBFS partition.

Am I correct in assuming that WBFS is outdated and obsolete? If so, How do I convert to to a more recent format?

Can I safely upgrade my CIOSX to the newest version directly from rev 19?

I noticed that you can play gamecube games from a hard drive now. Not really a question, but awesome.

What else have I missed guys? Feels good to be back ;)
Use ModMii.

DontShootUp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. Got my CIOSX updated as well as my USB Loaders. Got gamecube games running off the hard drive as well. Any advancements as far as emulators go? Does Wii64 run any better with games like conker or banjo? Or is there a better 64emulator than wii64? Any progress on the DS emulator? I guess I could just download them and try them myself, but if they're not playable that seems like a waste of time.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks guys. Got my CIOSX updated as well as my USB Loaders. Got gamecube games running off the hard drive as well. Any advancements as far as emulators go? Does Wii64 run any better with games like conker or banjo? Or is there a better 64emulator than wii64? Any progress on the DS emulator? I guess I could just download them and try them myself, but if they're not playable that seems like a waste of time.
The latest DS emu still isn't full speed but here it is
http://gbatemp.net/threads/desmume-...ii-in-development.216963/page-53#post-4472917

Not64 is an improved version of Wii64. There are two newest versions and neither of them are perfect yet but definitely better than Wii64
http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=842&sid=75b1b5241cb3d1b0079832aafed107ee
the "newest" version is just to fix some particularly hard games but it has a LONG load time. The one before that (also in the link above) can still play a everything else that the "newest" one can.

I'd recommend keeping a copy of all 3 since there are some games that Not64 just goes TOO FAST on so you can use the old Wii64 for those to keep them at "normal" speeds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf