Hacking Have Japanese N3DS XL - Want US CFW, possible?

pu1se80

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As title. I've slowly drifted away from the scene and so much has happened since I've been away.

I've basically been sitting on a Japanese N3ds XL for a while (definitely below 11.0, never upgraded since purchased). I bought a US version since it was discovered it shipped with a valid firmware (didn't know prior to release.) Is there any chance I can load a US version cfw to the Japanese handheld to make everything in English? Also, I have a blue button Sky3ds so I have access to any of the "hax" games required for injection if necessary.

Or would this be a nightmare not worth trying.

mooglazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure about your specifics (version, etc) but yes, it's possible. There's a whole thread on this somewhere. I have a JP n3DS and it's currently running latest US sysnand with A9LH. Whether it will be a nightmare depends on whether you enjoy a challenge. It wasn't extremely difficult, but it did take a night of googling and working through some issues. The only remaining problem is eShop access, which you will lose completely. Aside from that, my system is no different from a US system.

Reactions: pu1se80

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are on a menuhax+emunand setup, you'll have to find or use one of the various guides out there, that are outdated.

If you are on an A9LH setup, then Plailect's guide also covers Region Changing, after you have gotten A9LH setup fully.
Region Changing (A9LH): https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Region-Changing

Be aware that you'll lose access to the eshop, if that matters to you.

Reactions: pu1se80

pu1se80

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction. Looks like I have an entertaining evening ahead of me =]

*edit* holy wow! what an adventure that was, lol. Didn't expect quite that much work lol. But it's now in english and cfw'd up woot!

Last edited by pu1se80,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill