Misc scared to do a system transfer from CFW N3DS to N3DS XL

Deleted member 598242

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I'm planning to do a system transfer from CFW N3DS to a N3DS XL without CFW.
I think before I do that, I have to install CFW on the target system. I would also backup everything before that, including saves with checkpoint.
I read that homebrew titles etc. will not appear, but it's possible to make them reappear with faketik and I will be doing that of course.

Will everything be completely fine and the same as it was on my initial system? Also, are there any dangers I should be aware of?
I'm mostly scared about it being a long process (not the transfer itself, but getting everything right).

I would appreciate it if anyone could share their experience and tell me if you have found it to be an easy process or not.

EDIT: I did it last night and it was very easy. There was nothing to worry about!

Last edited by Deleted member 598242,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, I already did using this guide and it worked out fine. I just added that to my post, but I didn't know editing it would bump the thread.
That is the relevant tutorial for that topic.
Sorry, I missed this thread, else I would have linked it before.

Thank you for sharing the result.

I personally wouldn't do that. Potential brick territory I feel
As much as I appreciate carefulness (which is sadly often missing in console modding), this is not a big deal. 3DS System Transfer works just fine with modded consoles and between modded/not modded. I did it several times.

The safety of 3DS custom firmware is unrivaled. As long as B9S is installed there is always a way back from software damage if a backup exists (and mostly even if the backup is missing).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu