Hacking Have GW card and Lost my Saves for Projext X Zone?

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been playing a level on one of my games and I saved multiple times, sometimes overwriting my saved data because I wasn't sure how much of my SD card I had used. Anyways I finally beat the level today an save after that. I then messed around with my SD card trying to get .ds ROMS to work forgetting that I needed another microSD to play them. When I went back to my game all my recent saves from the past day or two were gone. Did I use up my memory?

I'm afraid to check because I heard you can't go into data management for some reason without jeapardizing your system. The only SD card reader I can use is a spare laptop that I hate because it's bugged with a million freaking viruses which make it run at 90% CPU so it makes it a long and annoying task to use it.

Like I said my last save was an overwrite a few hours ago. What deleted all my saves? Do I need to do something after I save like close the game properly? I can't remember if I just hit the home button then removed my memory card or not? What do you guys think happened?

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Gateway loads the save from the SD card into its memory whenever you start a game, and it writes it back into the SD only when you close the game via the home menu. If you removed the SD card while the game was suspended, gateway wouldn't be able to write the save into the SD card. When you do that I think the save is kept inside GW's memory until you load a game again, I'm not sure if there's a way to retrieve the save from the memory though.

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So EVERY time I save I want to fully close the game after I am done to make sure I keep it? I was wondering if that was the issue?

BTW all my games are .3ds and I keep them on my micro SD instead of going through the trouble of converting them and putting them on the regular SD which can hold less data... I mean what is the benefit of that?

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Yeah, always make sure to press Home and then Close when using Gateway.

by converting them you mean using .cia instead of .3ds? There's little difference between both but since .cia install games as digital games you wouldn't need to press home and close the game every time. Aside from that, the only benefit would be that .cia doesn't need headers like .3ds to play online, and that you keep your games in the home menu (which is slightly more comfortable than the Gateway menu).

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can exit via the power button too. Just don't let the battery die and it should save.

Benefits of CIA is just quick access and easier savedatafiler usage. You can trim ROMs to be the same size as CIA files anyways (except card 2 games which are a bit more tedious to trim without breaking the save function)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0