Have a few questions about Spider3DStools.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by shutterbug2000, Jan 24, 2015.

1. shutterbug2000
    OP

shutterbug2000 Cubic NINJHAX!

Oct 11, 2014
    United States
    So, for those who haven't seen my thread about arm9 homebrew, I'm shutterbug2000. I'm trying to make the webkit exploit easy to use. But, I've hit a roadblock, so to speak. The "Spider3DStools" released by Yifan_lu is awesome. But... what I need help with is... how to run my OWN homebrew. If I take a .bin, load it on the sd card, OTHER than the one provided... "An error has occurred blah blah 3ds error blah reset blah!" So, my question is: what could I be doing wrong? My main problem is .h files don't seem to work. So, no data from other files. Not exactly sure how to how to fix this(not a c/c++ guy). If anyone has any tips/ fixes, please let me know!

2. minipablo

minipablo Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2014
    I think that hb you are trying to test is designed to run with ds profile exploit. It would need to be converted to work with browser exploit. There's a guy who has already got the pong hb conde modified to run with browser exploit, when i can i'll write the link.

3. Dartz150

Dartz150 GBATemp Official Lolicon Onii-chan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    On a Strange Journey
    Maybe you are trying to compile a launcher.dat for the mset exploit, you need to find a way to run that using the webkit exploit (spiderhax) for it in order to work properly.

4. minipablo

minipablo Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2014
  5. Korin

Korin GBAtemp Regular

Jan 10, 2015
    Zidapi and RodrigoDavy like this.
  6. minipablo

minipablo Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2014
    I didn't realize lol

7. yifan_lu

yifan_lu @yifanlu

Apr 28, 2007
    United States
    You code must be position independent and without any non-const global variable (this was described in the GitHub wiki page). I'm skeptical linking anything works since this only supports raw code.

8. pikatsu

pikatsu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2014
    Argentina
    Any thoughts about a cfw in the future?

9. mid-kid

mid-kid GBAtemp spamBOT

Aug 2, 2012
    EDIT: NVM