Has anyone tried C-Dogs SDL on a Wii U?

Sowden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. C-Dogs SDL is a port of an old DOS game I played as a kid. I just copied it to my sdcard and ran it, and the Wiimote player 1 shut off right as it booted the main menu. This is a Wii app, so the Wii U is all I can think of. Anyone else have any ideas? You can find more info about it here.

https://wiibrew.org/wiki/C-DogsSDL

Reactions: jeannotte

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys. C-Dogs SDL is a port of an old DOS game I played as a kid. I just copied it to my sdcard and ran it, and the Wiimote player 1 shut off right as it booted the main menu. This is a Wii app, so the Wii U is all I can think of. Anyone else have any ideas? You can find more info about it here.

https://wiibrew.org/wiki/C-DogsSDL
Looks fun, but never finished.. and i don't have a wii anymore.

• Wow
Reactions: jeannotte

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I just tried C-DogsSDL on my wii U console (SD card), in vwii mode, and it works perfectly for me (with a wiimote).

check if your batteries are properly charged with your wiimotes.

take a good look at the controls for the wiimote here ==>https://wiibrew.org/wiki/C-DogsSDL#Controls

In the player setup/weapon loadout menus, Wiimote 1 Button/Classic b Button confirms and Wiimote 2 Button/Classic a Button cancels.

try to maintain validate 1 and B at the same time.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Sowden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh now isn't that interesting. So I got out all of my accessories. I tried batteries I know we're good, used my (it's a knockoff, but it works) classic controller and I got out my Numchuck. All of them the blue player 1 light would go off before the text would appear. Then I decided to try a different Wiimote. My Wii U is black, so I want everything black. I'm using a Wiimote with Motion Plus Inside. Pulled out a white Wiimote, and it worked. Does anyone know why that might be the case? A unfinished projects as someone else mentioned?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Most likely fake vs original Wiimote.
Nope, most likely the game is based on old liberies to build it with, early homebrew didn't work with Motion Plus controllers.
built the game from source with todays devkitpro, get the failures sorted out, and you might get your Motion Plus controller to work.

Reactions: jeannotte and Flame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...