Hacking Has anyone tested Wiipower's IOS60 wad manager?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
then it's a problem with the patched IOS60 (are you sure you patched it at least ?)

maybe some additional patch is required with those new IOS, it's very likely they added some unknown verifications (apparently related to the title installation)

rthis should be written in bold somewhere: do NOT update to 4.0 unless you already have a CIOS installed

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
then it's a problem with the patched IOS60 (are you sure you patched it at least ?)

maybe some additional patch is reequired, it's very likely there is some additional check to bypass (apparently related to the title installation)

rthis should be written in bold somewhere: do NOT update to 4.0 unless you already have a CIOS installed

Hahah it's not a problem for me and yes my IOS60 is most deffinately patched..............i do have CIOS installed im just testing for others.......tried installing wiiware, tried installing official IOS16...........error =-1035 for that on title

maybe if you can get the source for IOS16 version perhaps somthing was done extra to that

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Jacobeian said:

maybe some additional patch is required with those new IOS, it's very likely they added some unknown verifications (apparently related to the title installation)

Both yours and wiipower's aborts with a title error (ret -= 1029)... anyway really appreciate the efforts guys!

I have something for Nintendo : FUCK NINTENDO AND THEIR LAMEASS PROTECTIONS, PERIOD!
hate2.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
what is the error code you get when installing title ?

EDIT: ok
lol, grow up, you can not blame them for fighting piracy
rolleyes.gif

bobinski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I am sure that I have a patched IOS60
same error for me ret=-1029

maybe a really dumb idea:
since we can install/uninstall tickets on wii, why cant we just copy wads in the sd memory card(i mean with the correct form as bins) and run them through the sd menu. the system will be able to find the ticket installed
or
maybe the custom wad manager can be fixed

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH also in my guide it does say that in massive letter at the top........................but you know whatever.

Yeh it's gotta be that IOS60 is just unable to install stuff with.......it may have a part different to those of 36 and of 16........shame really as this would of fixed our friends wii's................... unless we are just overlooking something.

i wonder if its possible to recompile iosdowngrader or ciosdowngrader to run from 60...........i dunno if that would work but at this point its worth a shot i guess

also wonder if some sort of way to unpack the a wad onto the SD card like was suggested above since we can install the ticket with ios60............ that would deff work if it can be done........is there a way to unpack wads.?? so at very least there is a way to install channels or VC titles for them

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
channels copied to SD are not like WAD, they use another key for encryption and different format (I even don't know if it's documented)
also I'm pretty sure it would be the same issue: seems like the last IOS does not allow you to install (or copy or whatever you call it) ANY fakesigned content
the known patch still allow the ticket signature check but that's all (so you can launch it or copy to SD)
it's also very likely you cannot copy back an hacked channel back to internal memory once you moved it to SD, since the title content can not be installed back (has someone tried) ?

regarding the custom WAD manager, it worked because IOS16 still had the signature bug in it
however with 4.0, they now fixed IOS16
very good job at blocking piracy I' d say

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
kongsnutz said:
OH also in my guide it does say that in massive letter at the top........................but you know whatever.

Yeh it's gotta be that IOS60 is just unable to install stuff with.......it may have a part different to those of 36 and of 16........shame really as this would of fixed our friends wii's................... unless we are just overlooking something.

i wonder if its possible to recompile iosdowngrader or ciosdowngrader to run from 60...........i dunno if that would work but at this point its worth a shot i guess

also wonder if some sort of way to unpack the a wad onto the SD card like was suggested above since we can install the ticket with ios60............ that would deff work if it can be done........is there a way to unpack wads.?? so at very least there is a way to install channels or VC titles for them

Errr.. mine already gives the error at the first line... installing title ---error! I don't see any installing ticket prompt at all... but 1 thing I am certain I can run wiiwre off the sdcard.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
channels copied to SD are not like WAD, they use another key for encryption
also I'm pretty sure it would be the same issue: seems like the last IOS does not allow you to install (or copy or whatever you call it) ANY fakesigned content

regarding the custom WAD manager, it worked because IOS16 still had the signature bug in it
however with 4.0, they fixed IOS16 also

Yeh i thought the content.bin's would have been done already if it were possible.

I know how IOS16 worked and is why i figured IOS60 would since they patched it to have the signing bug back.......... as it now allows copying VC content to sd even though they installed it via wad manager it's deffinitely patched but yeh must be some other protection.

SORRY GUYS i guess you are screwed for now..........
frown.gif
give it time.

Did any of you install USB2.0 before updating at all..........?? since this uses its own IOS maybe going that route is possible

@Bloodlust - Ticket flashes really quick before title.........so you installed the ticket fine if you see title

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
kongsnutz said:
Jacobeian said:
channels copied to SD are not like WAD, they use another key for encryption

however with 4.0, they fixed IOS16 also

Yeh i thought the content.bin's would have been done already if it were possible.

I know how IOS16 worked and is why i figured IOS60 would since they patched it to have the signing bug back.......... as it now allows copying VC content to sd even though they installed it via wad manager it's deffinitely patched but yeh must be some other protection.

SORRY GUYS i guess you are screwed for now..........
frown.gif
give it time.

Did any of you install USB2.0 before updating at all..........?? since this uses its own IOS maybe going that route is possible

@Bloodlust - Ticket flashes really quick before title.........so you installed the ticket fine if you see title

U mean the ticket install prompt just flashes and disappears? I kept my eyes glued did not even catch a glimpse of it though I tried a few times. As for USB 2.0 I think I can answer that.. very few people would install that because its practically useless unless an ISO loader (using hdd/thumbdrive) was released beforehand.
wink.gif

The main reason why I installed 4.0 was mainly for the wiiware able to run off sdcard and SDHC support. I never even gave USB2.0 a thought.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeh ticket flashes on line 1 just before Title......it's extremely quick but you wouldn't be seeing title unless ticket was installed.......

Yeh i installed it but was for Mplayer to stream better of HDD..........and that's what it was actually designed for.....but clever Waninkoko knew what needed to use it hahahaha

so i guess for now............sorry there is no way you can install CIOS on a IOS60 trucha patched loader.

i think we should now wait and see what happens in the 4.0 hacking development.

However if you had of installed USB......... you could of been saved.......
tongue.gif
because it uses a modified IOS36 just like CIOS but installed at IOS202(could be wrong but its a 200+ IOS)

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
"If", "Could".. I won't get my hopes up on assumptions anymore. The more you hope for it and it doesn't come, the more disappointed you will end up. Can't take it anymore.
frown.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I'm pretty sure you are definitively screwed

1/there is no way to bypass the problem without installing a modified IOS
2/there is no way to install modified stuff on a full 4.0 update

the only hope I could see for you is that someone leak the official nintendo signing key

lbalan79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think theoretically there is a way to sing the sd card content if you previously got your wii private key. So using that and the ability to install a ticket using the patched IOS60 in theory there is a way to allow the installation of wads.

But that is only theory.

lbalan79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also does any of you have a modchip? if so that might be your save since someone might be able to create a cd that runs an downgrader or something close to that.

bobinski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i have a modchip
thats why i never installed a cIOS or a backup launcher

I just used the HBC and the Wad Manager on 3.2

shitty 4.0!

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
no, the fact you have a modchip does not change anything to the fact that everything accessing the Wii internal memory has to deal with the running IOS

modchip only offer unrestricted DVD drive access, nothing more

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Jacob said!!!

Everything running on Wii uses a IOS to do it's system calls......there is no way running anything from a DVD would make any difference.

I'm sorry but the only way now is if there is another hole somewhere in the wii and if that hole is found..............but i don't see this happening anytime soon.

Perhaps...........selling your wii's and buying a second hand one from somewhere is your best answer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye